British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

An 1826 plain saltire from the london auction last week ,only won one lot out of seven.Still a bit dear i suppose but happy and wont be looking for another one .C.G.S. 25851.

It was lot 2143

• Like 1

That ticks the boxes.

Beautiful coin.

Nice Pete

This week's upgrade

Iq16lis.jpg

5BYWWlw.jpg

• Like 1

This week's upgrade

Iq16lis.jpg

5BYWWlw.jpg

Nice Penny Prax! Very nice matching color on both the obverse, and reverse.

• Like 1

More pennies. Received in change. :ph34r:

post-381-0-07362500-1428764329_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Really lovely coin Prax! Are you keeping it entombed?

Really lovely coin Prax! Are you keeping it entombed?

For the mo. I have decided to keep my American TPGed coins entombed.

CGS coins that I bought as is are all coming off their capsules only coins I sent for grading personally are still CGS slabbed.

This week's upgrade

Iq16lis.jpg

5BYWWlw.jpg

I love all the G5 coins! I've still got my heart set on acquiring the entire reign (one day)! I've had around half of them at any one time...I'd certainly be happy with that one! :)

Nice, but the only gripe I have is that I do wish the grading companies would get them straight in the slabs. Nothing worse than encasing them lopsided. Of course if you intend to crack it out.....

Nice, but the only gripe I have is that I do wish the grading companies would get them straight in the slabs. Nothing worse than encasing them lopsided.

Just saw on another forum the suggestion that holding a running electric toothbrush against the slab will cause the coin to rotate.

Nice, but the only gripe I have is that I do wish the grading companies would get them straight in the slabs. Nothing worse than encasing them lopsided.

Just saw on another forum the suggestion that holding a running electric toothbrush against the slab will cause the coin to rotate.

Really? Wow! Makes me even more convinced that slabs are not for me! :)

Everytime we took the boat up the canal, the coins would be spinning in their sockets like a clock! That's the trouble with a big old vintage 'thumper' in the engine room! :rolleyes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Az63ZXg9NSE

Hi prax.

Why do you remove the ones bought and leave the ones you sent. Is it just doubts you have with the grading or the ones you sent are the best ones ?

Pete,

I know the grades or quality of the coins that I sent. I know that leaving the coins slabbed will at least protect them from some degree of env/accidental damage (my sole reason for grading). Further I spent lots of money having them graded.

With ones I acquired CGS slabbed I noticed that there was not a level of inconsistency gradewise. I wont go into detail on a public forum as it can impact someone's biz. I can send you a pm with specifics.

Regards,

P

Edited by Prax

1030912.jpg

1030914.jpg

1912H so hard to grade properly clearly better then average going off obverse but reverse is...

3 weeks and only one coin worth adding

Good material is getting far too scarce and what's coming to the market is seldom priced realistically.

ImUcMxU.jpg

ozkglVq.jpg

Nothing really for me over the last few weeks prax either .Bought a nice 1912 from sound on this forum JNCOINS and thats been it.

Nothing really for me over the last few weeks prax either .Bought a nice 1912 from sound on this forum JNCOINS and thats been it.

Looks like a seller's market Pete as far as the pennies are concerned. Too many buyers and hardly anything around ..... ummm me getting ideas :)

How much did you pay for it Prax?

That one's top of my list at the moment, at least that's one less bidder to worry about.. ;)

How much did you pay for it Prax?

That one's top of my list at the moment, at least that's one less bidder to worry about.. ;)

The 1904 cost me £100 it was an upgrade on my NGC MS 63 RB, which I swapped for a 1906 NGC 64 RB

You don't have to worry about me ;) I won't be bidding on anymore 1904s, unless the market churns out a 65+ RB or 64 RD :P

Haha yeah, that'll be the day..

Well a good price for a b****y difficult year, a job well done I'd say ;)