British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Well the Soho mint coins were the first of a new era so it is a good thing they are a great design.

I must admit I love the cartwheels which are sadly missing in the 1797 format of halfpennies and farthings.

There again there are the patterns of the farthing and halfpenny and the restrikes i surpose

Tip for you : though the reverse design (not being Britannia) leaves something to be desired, you can find 1798 "cartwheel" halfpennies and farthings from The Isle of Man that use the same obverse. Reasonable prices too.

Well the Soho mint coins were the first of a new era so it is a good thing they are a great design.

I must admit I love the cartwheels which are sadly missing in the 1797 format of halfpennies and farthings.

There again there are the patterns of the farthing and halfpenny and the restrikes i surpose

Tip for you : though the reverse design (not being Britannia) leaves something to be desired, you can find 1798 "cartwheel" halfpennies and farthings from The Isle of Man that use the same obverse. Reasonable prices too.

Good tip Chris.

love those, hard to get decent ones of those types on the cheap.

1024927.jpg

don't have many of the farthings, this is my 1719, entire date is small numbers I think

yes that is a small 9 farthing scott.

pity about the grade though you would struggle to get a £5 note for it

yes that is a small 9 farthing scott.

pity about the grade though you would struggle to get a £5 note for it

He probably picked it up for 99p...

there are 2 variates of obverse, smaller and larger letters.

Now , now ,don't be bitchy.

Numismatics is a broad church.

And yes there are , but they are both of similar rarity unlike 1722

Edited by copper123