British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

Some CCGB2005 News

Today I received the first ever copy of Collectors Coins GB 2005 from the printers!

It looks wonderful in its technicolour jacket, and it's so good to see a proper spine on the side. Overall it's a million times better than the previous (dare I say, very ameteur) editions.

Seeing it in print, there are a couple of minor changes to be made to the cover design, and the proof reading has to be finished before a final book can be produced.

If all goes well it should be mass produced from about next Wednesday. I have instructed the printer to simply print as many as he can, as quick as he can (without compromising the quality of course). The first batch of 5000 should be finished before Christmas, but I will of course have hopefully 500-1500 by the end of this month to satisfy demand.

All very exciting.

Great new Chris! Congratulations! :D

Excellent! Is it a German or English printers?

German. Just down the road in a small town called Thalheim.

It was fun at first with my Pidgeon German trying to get across what was needed, but I'm sure they have the hang of it now.

I did get a couple of UK printer quotes of course, but they were absolutely mad compared to the German ones. The origin of the book will not be marked inside, so for all those that prefer to just 'Buy British' they'll never know! ;)

Realistically I suppose it should (if everything goes smoothly) hit the shops in early November.

I will of course hopefully have a few copies myself, and don't forget that everyone reading this will get one free for helping out!

The origin of the book will not be marked inside, so for all those that prefer to just 'Buy British' they'll never know! ;)

That and the opposition might benefit!

Not with you. How could the oppositon benefit? (unless they get theirs printed here too!)

Not with you. How could the oppositon benefit? (unless they get theirs printed here too!)

That's what i meant... they might move to cheaper printers.

If they want to come and get them printed here, they can....I'll simply get them printed in Hungary instead!

I'm sure perhaps the competition have thought about having them printed abroad, but I suspect the logistics and the fact they (especially Spink, and Token publishing who print their own) probably get bloddy good deals in the UK will prevent that.

Guest gloryforixseal

Very cool info chris. I just received a copy in the mail from the Nevada waterfowl association and seen some cool pics of you in their I like the one with you holding all of the pintail on that one banding project you did.

Er, the Nevada Waterfowl Assoc!? Holding all of the pintail?

I think you may be confusing all this for something else.

Er, the Nevada Waterfowl Assoc!? Holding all of the pintail?

I think you may be confusing all this for something else.

Is this a secret hobby of yours Chris that has just been let out of the closet. :blink:

Very odd! I've never had any involvement with the Waterfowl assoc, but it's good to know they are also selling my books :-S