British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Ebay Global shite programme

Arrived safely today, so that's 12 days from the seller in the US sending it to Pitney Bowes.

All in all, not too bad an experience.

You paid import duty on a book?

You paid import duty on a book?

No. They managed to get it right.

£23 airmail shipping for a book same width and height as Brooker but thicker. 1750g, so no lightweight! But no import duties, so I'm happy.

Edited by TomGoodheart

That is far too much IMO but if you build in the shipping and you need the reference it is what it is worth to you.

Gone are the early internet days of dealing with the US.

i bought a job lot from a Florida dealer where I negotiated a discount and free shipping including a 1698 date in legend 1/4d described as EF

...it wasn't but nicer than CC examples.

I also got a 1698 1/4d date in exurge for $10 date is clearly visible.

No crap with customs.

I still make regular purchases with another US dealer and we get around the customs crap.Thank you Uncle Sam to your nephew John Bull. :rolleyes:

My last major purchase from the states customs charged me the lot.

I mentioned the coin was over 300 yrs old.

At the end of the day I was being charged 20% against 5% ...I gave up after considering what stress it was causing and the vet bill on the cats. ;)

Make your contacts early I would suggest.

There are ways around it.

Especially if you have contacts working on the US bases as I did for a few years. :rolleyes:

I thought there was some EU-USA partnership in the pipeline? Not sure how it works with import taxes though

I thought there was some EU-USA partnership in the pipeline? Not sure how it works with import taxes though

You're talking about that agreement (4 letters, begins with a T ) that's got a load of people up in arms. It will give corporations immunity from national courts and allow them the ride roughshod over not only ordinary people but governments who don't agree with them, too. If you see a petition online against it - sign it!

Just paid an eye watering $81.66 using GSP. :angry:

I know it doesn't help buyer after the event, but it might be worth giving the seller a bit of advice, i.e. you can opt out of the shipping program and save your customers a bit of dosh. For all the bad buyers on eBay, they will only ever be a small minority, so the risk is not huge to the vendor.