British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
diggerdave

HELP!

Hi, Can anyone help me with a rough value and best place to find a buyer for my george the 3rd 1796 gold coast 1/4 takeo coin? im told there quite rare, so any sound advice poss buyers please get in touch, many thanks.post-8517-0-69171200-1413973244_thumb.jp the little silver coin, ignore the 1/2 skilling.

Edited by diggerdave

Best place to start, Dave, might be to check completed listings on eBay - maybe even the specific eBay site that covers the country your coin comes from. Make sure you only take account of actual sales (in GREEN), rather than just finished listings (in RED).

And condition, condition, condition! Coins increase in value exponentially with condition so carefully compare the photos that you find with the coin that you have.

• Like 1

Hi Diggerdave

If the diameter is 19mm it is a 1/4 Ackey, Can you post a picture of the Reverse please?

Two different spellings PARLIMENT or PARLIAMENT, the latter was minted in 1801 but dated 1796.

They are scarce with reported mintages of 2,800 and 3,200 respectively - both struck by Boulton & Watt in Birmingham.

see link

This is the page from Remmick (1971) Prices in $US - I can't find any recent prices - Anyone got a current 18thC Krause?

coin230.jpg

Edited by davidrj

i think the one with the writing on is a 1/2 takeo, where as the 1/4 takeo has no writing, im trying to sell this coin so any help, offers , advice would be great.

post-8517-0-91025700-1413995650_thumb.jp

would you say mine is in VF?

The shield side is Fair / crown side Fine

Hi DD, I know nothing about this issue, but in all likelihood the reverse (the shield side), being well worn and less than Fine condition, would attract a price of less than a quarter of it's catalogue vale in Fine.

Unless this coin is significantly rare, my guess would be somewhere between £25-£50

• Like 1

DD make sure you get a full good description start it at 99p with a £50 reserve.

How many Gibralter collectors do you know?