British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Michael-Roo

1694 Halfpenny BRITANNI\A

I did post images of this one on an earlier thread a little while ago but, on the back of my recent thread regarding the 1673 no stops farthing and Scott's concerning the BRITA NIA halfpenny, I thought it might be worth putting them up again here.

Another rare and recognised early milled variety. Unbarred A's and the I over an inverted V? The few examples I've seen are in a grade comparable with my own coin. If any forum members also have one of these I'd love to see some photos.

Ta! :)

post-8388-0-48175100-1413204553_thumb.jp

post-8388-0-99286200-1413204569_thumb.jp

I found record of a beautiful example sold by DNW in 2008 for £750.

Surely the finest known?

http://www.dnw.co.uk/auction-archive/special-collections/lot.php?specialcollection_id=147&specialcollectionpart_id=81&lot_id=95045

Fascinating provenance....

E. Bramah (He wrote an early work on copper)

C. W. Peck (He wrote the last definitive work on copper along with the first major study of bronze)

A nice coin to have for that alone.

That perhaps belongs to Geoff Cope

That perhaps belongs to Geoff Cope

Wasn't he a weightlifter?

And now, famously, the go to guy for all things budgie related.