British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveG38

1961 Florin Wanted

Anybody got a 1961 florin in UNC for sale? I'm currently upgrading my 20thC coins and am finding it quite hard to get a 1961 florin, believe it or not. There are plenty of average circulated ones on ebay, but I have yet to find one on dealers websites. The 'posh' dealers don't tend to show Eliz II coins anyway and those dealers who do put up late predecimal don't seem to have a 1961. Similarly, it's not the sort of coin that appears in auctions unless it's with a job lot, which I really don't want.

So anybody got one? If so please let me know price plus postage.

Michael Gouby has a 'probably as struck' for £12, and Colin Cooke have one listed as ABU for £8. :)

Michael Gouby has a 'probably as struck' for £12, and Colin Cooke have one listed as ABU for £8. :)

Thank you for this. I did check the CC website a few weeks back, and I guess this one has been added since. And Michael's Coins is one I have kind of lost track of lately, probably becuse of him closing his shop. In my mind I've discounted him as a dealer - I'll have to remember to think of him in the future, so thanks again for the reminder.

Edited by DaveG38

A lot of Elizabeth cupro-nickel is surprisingly difficult. And has been since the late 60s. By the time we were looking in our change, those dates were already 5 or 6 years in circulation and no better than GVF in most cases, less than VF for the 50s.

• Like 1

believe it or not.

I do believe it, Dave. Severely underrated. I haven't sold one since June last year, and I do get through the Eliz-II, so you do tend to see where the gaps are. That's one of them.

I have just taken in stock every Elizebeth II florin in BU and virtually 2/6 as well in BU. They are currently being photographed and uploaded. Contact me and I can probably help.

Regards

Mark

Anybody got a 1961 florin in UNC for sale? I'm currently upgrading my 20thC coins and am finding it quite hard to get a 1961 florin, believe it or not. There are plenty of average circulated ones on ebay, but I have yet to find one on dealers websites. The 'posh' dealers don't tend to show Eliz II coins anyway and those dealers who do put up late predecimal don't seem to have a 1961. Similarly, it's not the sort of coin that appears in auctions unless it's with a job lot, which I really don't want.

So anybody got one? If so please let me know price plus postage.

Dave,

I'm trying very hard to be a 'posh dealer' but just can't resist 20C silver, think some of it is very undervalued.

M

Sign in to follow this