British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveG38

The Latest Royal Mint 'Offering'

£22 for a handful of melts? Ridiculous!

Worth all of a quid to even a schoolboy , mostly the packing though , obviously

I'd sell you one of each, ie the five monarchs for a quid.

Hmm. I wonder if the Mint would be interested in buying in sets of these coins? I could supply them for ... let's say a modest fiver per set. Which, multiplied by the contents of my junk tins, works out at a pretty penny. :D

Notice how the penny theme was quickly abandoned when it came to showing us the portraits of the current Queen?

Hmm. I wonder if the Mint would be interested in buying in sets of these coins? I could supply them for ... let's say a modest fiver per set. Which, multiplied by the contents of my junk tins, works out at a pretty penny. :D

Notice how the penny theme was quickly abandoned when it came to showing us the portraits of the current Queen?

I want to know why there isn't a Edward VIII penny in there - that would make it worthwhile. On a different, but allied subject, I'm constantly surprised that the Mint haven't cottoned on to the wealth of collectors out there and started to produce their own re-strikes of past coins. Think of the carnage that could bring, say if there were 'new' 1905 halfcrowns, or a few more 1954 pennies etc. Or is there something in statute that stops them doing this? Or maybe it's just that the punches no longer exist.

I've been selling that set for years at £1.95 including free postage and to be honest I always felt a bit embarrassed about that price!

How about their three coin Britannia Proof set? It's only 45 pounds, so that 's a bargain, right?

Well here is what you get:

1/10 oz silver

1/20 oz silver

1/40 oz silver!!!!

Don't think I've seen any bullion coins that small yet from anywhere. Silver value has got to be at least 5 quid....Well, maybe not at a 3 spot, I should imagine.

Edited by VickySilver

How about their three coin Britannia Proof set? It's only 45 pounds, so that 's a bargain, right?

Well here is what you get:

1/10 oz silver

1/20 oz silver

1/40 oz silver!!!!

Don't think I've seen any bullion coins that small yet from anywhere. Silver value has got to be at least 5 quid....Well, maybe not at a 3 spot, I should imagine.

With silver at a 4-year low (just under $18 / £11 toz), I reckon that is only £11 x 7 / 40 = < £2 bullion value!

I like the description the Mint gives of the design work of the effigies on these coins..

Edited by Nicholas

Is there enough vomit in the world, is what I usually find myself wondering on the occasion that I have to peruse the RM website (new issue information for Collectors' Coins - Decimal Issues).

As long as you don't price them at more than face.