British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

damian1986

William IV Halfpenny

I've got a bee in my bonnet over this just now. Proof or currency. Who's bored of theirs? :D

There's a nice one slabbed PR66 on eBay at £1,150 but my budget for this coin isn't going to stretch that far :ph34r:

I've got a bee in my bonnet over this just now. Proof or currency. Who's bored of theirs? :D

There's a nice one slabbed PR66 on eBay at £1,150 but my budget for this coin isn't going to stretch that far :ph34r:

If Tony is going to be at Wakefield at the end of the month you could ask to see it there. Just check as he might not go because of Coinex. Sorry, mine isn't available.

If Tony is going to be at Wakefield at the end of the month you could ask to see it there. Just check as he might not go because of Coinex. Sorry, mine isn't available.

Thanks didn't realise Tony was the seller as I spotted it on ebay.com.

I missed a nice proof sold by a US seller for $600 recently, which is more sensible in price. Also there was a decent one in London Coins March of this year that hammered at only £220. I think I'd struggle to get to £1150 for the penny never mind.

The coin will be brought into a warm, loving home, freed from its plastic shackles and given the opportunity to move on after years of self-aggrandisement (as "finest known"). :lol:

Oh that's a shame B) I figure there has to be a few more knocking about...

One gets a certain pleasure from b*gg**ing up the pop stats. I've managed to decimate the Charles II halfpenny figures over the years, including the highest graded at both TPGs, plus the odd 62 and 63. :)

One gets a certain pleasure from b*gg**ing up the pop stats. I've managed to decimate the Charles II halfpenny figures over the years, including the highest graded at both TPGs, plus the odd 62 and 63. :)

Oh aye and are any of those for sale? ;)

I think the population figures are being ruined on a daily basis. When the same coin is resubmitted many times in the hope of a higher grade I would expect they just increment the number graded rather than bother to cross-reference it against the ones that have been (which admittedly would be difficult).

On the other hand, I do hope there's a 'finest known' collector out there weeping because he can't get his Charles II halfpenny.

I changed the highest graded PCGS and replaced it with the highest NGC................................... both had the wrong date on the slab. :(

However, this might result in the same coin being counted as a second distinct date at some time in the future. :D Failure to identify the date helps make the whole pop thing a tad redundant and makes retaining the slab insert imperative, because you would never second guess what a coin had previously been slabbed. ;)

Sorry, the spares have all gone by now.

Edited by Rob