British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
coinkat

Churchill Crown Double Die

Greetings from across the pond:

Let's just start by getting past the question why I was looking at some Churchill Crowns.

So this is what we have- a fairly decent example with doubling at Churchill's outer eye brow extending down his nose, lips and chin. I did a goole search for die varieties and nothing helpful came back. It really does not look to me that this is machine doubling- especially at the chin.

While this crown is not highly sought after, it would seem this Double Die variety would have already been discovered and made its way into the mainstream of modern UK errors. I suppose its possible that it has and I am just unaware of it.

I would be interested if there are others here who could provide any further comments as to whether this coin has already been discovered.

Thanks in advance as I can appreciate how this whole subject seems rather strange,

I've probably had hundreds of varieties and have just paid them into the bank without looking! I don't think anyone likes to look at them for longer than is absolutely necessary, so maybe varieties have been missed. Perhaps you can post a picture.

• Like 1

I doubt that I have the ability to get a decent picture that illustrates the doubling and then post it here. I will see what I can do