British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

New Spink

74_1.JPG

That's the new cover for Spink's Catalogue 2005. Quite a poor picture to say it's Spink actually selling it.

Edited by Emperor Oli

Yeah it certainly lacks something!

When will it be released?

It has been, read my subtitle! The 8th of October apparently but I haven't seen it in any shops.

£20's a lot of money though. 11% price increase on last years, I wonder if it contains 11% more pages.

What does this book have that, for example, the Collectors Coins hasn't?

I know, I am a complete beginner, I hope you do not mind replying.... :rolleyes:

Well mainly it covers a lot more, it includes gold coins and goes right back to Celtic times. It's a wonderful book, every serious collector and dealer buys it. Most dealers use it to price their coins too. It's a little worrying that basically Spink control a lot of coin prices, in that dealers charge whatever it says and then Spink put the prices up slightly the next year (maybe that creates a bubble). Sometimes though it's out on some prices.

It doesn't go into huge detail with some coin varieties, and if you just collect, or are just likely to encounter non gold coins from 1797 to today, then Collectors Coins GB 2005 will save you over £15.00.

Yes for British coins, but it's just a book on the last 2500 years of British coins. Each Krause volume contains just 100 years of all World Coins.

So, when are you going to sell it and for how much?

Once you send me the quotes I am waiting from you, and I decide what to buy on top of what already has my name in your possession :) , I may want you add it to the order, if you do sell it…