British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

TomGoodheart

Charles I Tower shillings

On a curious Note, why is it so called negros head instead of blackmoors head?

Fashion I guess, though why blackamoor went out of fashion but negro remains acceptable I don't know.

Edited by TomGoodheart

Dealer deal? Six coins from my collection. You can have all six for what they cost me (£850) + post.

Spare_zpsmky0c6ux.jpg

pm me if interested.

Just listed on eBay:

E2_3%20O_zpsig0lxq6p.jpg

G1_2%20Tri_zpsoryec9z6.jpg

I'm not in the frame, as you may well guess, but hoping for good prices all the same! :)

Thanks. I'm hoping the new photos might help. I could certainly do with the money!

:)

Edited by TomGoodheart

Just out of interest, on the E2/3 coin, is that a reverse denomination mark?

Just out of interest, on the E2/3 coin, is that a reverse denomination mark?

I suspect not, as there is some sign of the X showing. However it's in the thin area so there's no real way to make it out clearly. I seem to remember seeing a coin where the mark was over a reversed one but I couldn't claim this is one on what I can see.

Oddly however I did notice the reverse stops on the triangle coin look more like contraction marks than the usual circular stops... but only saw it when I reviewed the listing and larger pic just now!

Last three coins just relisted.  Mates rates available for members.  Contact me to do a deal.  :D

2 hours ago, TomGoodheart said:

Last three coins just relisted.  Mates rates available for members.  Contact me to do a deal.  :D

Nice coins, Richard.

Here's the link for all those interested: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/metal555head/m.html?item=151475029300&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Thanks Clive!  Top coin (Crown mm) now sold.  :D

In case anyone is interested I spotted this copy of the Brooker Collection (SCBI 33) on eBay. 

Usually goes for £20ish so this is a decent price and still a useful reference for Chas I coinage:

I bought it and Thank you.

Happy to have a read (always learning) and then pass on to someone for that price.

Pete.

• Like 1

A few more Charles I Tower shillings listed on eBay.  If anyone is interested, message me:

152102026706   S.2782  Sharp A2/1  Cross Calvary over Lis

152101973822  S.2799  Sharp G1/2  Star

152101926510  S.2799  Sharp G1/2  Triangle-in-Circle

152101884443  S.2791  Sharp E1/1  Bell  SOLD   

152098838778  S.2799  Sharp G1/2  Triangle

Edited by TomGoodheart
Update