British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Michael-Roo

Henry III pennies, part the second…..

Here are the two without sceptres.

Thanks again.

post-8388-0-97876200-1407165591_thumb.jp

post-8388-0-89299800-1407165610_thumb.jp

1) Nicole on Cant.

2) Ion on Newecas.

Thank you!

Anything rare or interesting included?

Not rare but all hammered is interesting!

You've got fairly good examples and the Newcastle one certainly isn't an exceptionally ubiquitous example. Number 1 on this thread has an interesting 'cross' replacing the inner circle of dots between the side fleur of the crown on the left and the centre. It's just an example of a slight error/variety done when sinking the die.

All in all, nice purchases! Was this a job lot and is it a sign of further hammereds to come? :)

Not rare but all hammered is interesting!

You've got fairly good examples and the Newcastle one certainly isn't an exceptionally ubiquitous example. Number 1 on this thread has an interesting 'cross' replacing the inner circle of dots between the side fleur of the crown on the left and the centre. It's just an example of a slight error/variety done when sinking the die.

All in all, nice purchases! Was this a job lot and is it a sign of further hammereds to come? :)

Keeping you busy, Sir! :)

And, indeed, bring on that hammered! About time there was a push in this direction!

We've been modern milled for far too long! Now where did I see that nice 1982 10p? ;)

Thanks again for the information Clive.

No. Not a job lot. I buy hammered now and then. Not my main area of interest, but I do feel they serve as nice contrast to all the copper and tin.

I ave a tiny hammered farthing which needs identifying. I'll post after writing this.