British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

This is a different video to the one last night.

Great video. Not sure what it has to do with Poundland scissors? (Though I have a pretty awesome set of 3 scissors from there..)

This is a different video to the one last night.

You mean you viewed it last night and it's now different? The video on the BBC website by following the link is a nice interview with some shots and then the embedded one was created as part of an art project documenting Sheffield.

Great video. Not sure what it has to do with Poundland scissors? (Though I have a pretty awesome set of 3 scissors from there..)

I was remarking on the quality of the hand-made ones compared to the mass-produced plastic-handled stuff you'd normally find down the local shops... the attention to detail, craftsmanship; by all accounts these guys were close to going out of business but the media coverage they've had lately has seen a big bump in sales which is good to see.

didn't realise the two were separate videos

Sometimes i do look for letters and marks if it is metal,sometimes even old hinges have letters or mark,but im having problem with well known brand and no letters and mark on it specially Victorian and others etc it is very hard to research on who made it and where it came from.

At least it is one of those piece will last for a life time maybe,not like other in industrial made and maybe not that good quality easily broken.

Edited by josie

I was remarking on the quality of the hand-made ones compared to the mass-produced plastic-handled stuff you'd normally find down the local shops... the attention to detail, craftsmanship; by all accounts these guys were close to going out of business but the media coverage they've had lately has seen a big bump in sales which is good to see.

This reminds me of a Fred Dibnah anecdote about a pair of Sheffield made scissors he lost by leaving them on top of an outside wall. Twenty years later he came across them again and found that, in spite of having been out in the Bolton climate for two decades, they cut through paper first time. Its a shame we couldn't apply the same corrosion resistance in other areas of industry such as British cars and motorbikes!