British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
perkin2000

Finally started to organise my coins.

Hello again!

I last logged in over seven years ago. Never really been much of a fast mover.

My coin collection has grown quite a lot since then, but I've been very passive in building it, buying them when I come across them rather than actively seeking any additions.

If I'm honest, my fiercest passions lay elsewhere, however I have retained a strong layman's interest in coins. I enjoy the tangible connection to the past you feel when holding something hundreds of years old.

I don't think there are any 'prize pieces' among the coins I have. I have one of the dateless "mule" 20 pence coins which is probably the one of greatest value, however I'm not really interested in the worth, I enjoy the designs and -relative- rarity of them. Even any that would potentially be worth something are most likely in a near un-sellable grade. I dunno.

Anyway, I finally got round to taking some photos today, probably about two-thirds of my collection, I doubt there's anything to greatly excite any of you, however there may be some pleasure in having a browse, comments on anything unusual or interesting would be greatly appreciated :)

I've tried some vaguely relevant grouping (farthings together, pennies together etc.) and the number key is fairly obvious 'A' is the front, 'B' is the back, retaining the same position in the photo. Most of the coins are British or Colonial, but there is some foreign as well, especially in the large unsorted pics at the start of the album. I thought I'd link to the album rather than try and post here as there is a large number of pics. Anyway, as I said, hopefully it'll make for a vaguely distracting browse.

Here's the link:

http://s352.photobucket.com/user/perkin2000/library/coins

Sorry for such a long winded post after such an absence, I thought it better to essentially re-introduce myself rather than just post-and-run as seems to happen so often on forums.

Thanks,

Richard.

Welcome back Richard

You don't have to be fanatical collecting coins.Everyone has their own level of requirements/interest.

If you haven't already catalogued them this would be the first thing to do.

• Like 1

Ta!

Yeah, I suppose it's like any other hobby, pursue it at your own level.

The coins pictured on the white sheets have been (sorta, by my standards) catalogued. Country of origin, coin type and year, with the exception of the two sheets showing the tokens and oddities. Just couldn't find some of them.

The remainder of my collection is mostly foreign and a few covers (the full Westminster Golden Jubilee collection etc. Not my sorta thing, just come across them over the years) I'll add pics of them to the gallery once they're sorted into presentable groupings.

Cheers! :)