British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

Have you got one ?

Hi .After a good response on my last want.Looking for a 1950 proof penny ,however must be mint with no toning or ribbon mark.Good price paid and would consider the proof set if thats better for you.However as stated the penny must be mint.

Hi .After a good response on my last want.Looking for a 1950 proof penny ,however must be mint with no toning or ribbon mark.Good price paid and would consider the proof set if thats better for you.However as stated the penny must be mint.

That's a tough one. Needs to be from a set that was split a long time ago.

I have a proof set, but sorry, its not for sale

That's an unusual one - the usual demand is for a BU non-proof specimen.

Happy to buy a set ,thought it would of been easy to get a mint penny.Obviously wrong again

Happy to buy a set ,thought it would of been easy to get a mint penny.Obviously wrong again

I may have 2 sets. I'll check in the morning amd get back to you.

Yup i have

post-5057-0-53729500-1408965587_thumb.jp

Hi azda have put a bid on lot 677 in the london auction for the proof set now however you can pm me should you wish to sell the set /penny.Thanks pete.

Let me know how you get on at LC and will take it from there. Edit: you do realise lot 677 is a 1953 set and not 1950 that you wanted

Edited by azda

Just had to check and yes think i have bid on the wrong item thanks azda,although not received any confirmation from them yet and no set that appears suitable.Sending me dafter than i am i have put that many bids in.

Lot 675 is the one you'll be looking for

720 also looks like what you want.

720 also looks like what you want.

Agreed

Thanks for the replys ,put a bid in and see what happens.Thought it would of been an easier coin to aquire

Thanks for the replys ,put a bid in and see what happens.Thought it would of been an easier coin to aquire

It's just one of those things - penny collectors don't want the proof as a high grade currency example is scarcer, proof collectors usually want the whole set. So proof pennies don't seem to come up all that often.

It's just one of those things - penny collectors don't want the proof as a high grade currency example is scarcer, proof collectors usually want the whole set. So proof pennies don't seem to come up all that often.

We've got two problems here. The first is that the coins are usually found with toning from the ribbon, so a set that has been undisturbed for the past 60 years is unlikely to do the job. The second is that you need a set which was broken up early on. There won't be that many about. Sets that have been broken up at a later stage are likely to have been done for a reason i.e. there is some impairment which makes keeping it intact the worse option. I picked up a set a month ago which had horrible verd on two coins (6d & 2/6d). Don't know why, but the rest and the box were ok except they all had a toning mark from the ribbon. I think you will have a difficult job finding one tbh.

Penny collectors would want one of each.

Edited by Rob

Your comments are spot on rob ,ribbon mark or toned.Only a cheap coin i have the currency one in a high grade and easy to pick up.Thought the proof would of been a lot easier to find.Numerous about but will wait for a mint one.A lot scarcer in mint condition than i expected