British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Latest ammended pages.

All the 92 pages are there now, and they're numbered as they will be in the book. There are no circles, no red text, and all that's left to do is run through the prices using the database etc and Mr Marles Prices, which should take a day or 2.

Then its off digitally to one of my subscribers who happens to be a coin collecting professional proofreader! (he'll do it half price because of the subject matter!)

In the meantime I'm going to take this version to the printers to hopefully get a couple of trial copies done so i know I'll be happy with them. As you can see in another recent post, the cover is completed. It's all coming together, and I must admit I'm a little excited.

I also have a message to call the Waterstones buyer tomorrow, so hopefully they want tons of them!

Feel free to spot any errors/problems with this if you can, bear in mind it's 8mb now:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk/draft1.pdf

(if that doesn't work, try copying it into a browser)

Looking good...

Spotted one typo

The varieties and design of the

Bronze Victorian pennies are

described in exquisite detail, by

Michael J. Freeman in his book

Tbe Bronze Coinage of Great

Britain.

Thanks, I'll change that, but I've already sent a link to the proofreader, so I expect he'll spot it too!

I have a version called draft2.dpf in the same location with updated prices. I have now incorporated all of the prices from you Custard, and the Rotographic database, as well as Williams Florins and Geoffs Half Crowns (Geoff if you're reading this I haven't forgotted about the 1908!)

I just need to change a few more prices (Wybritt, Sylvester and Coppers) and we're away.

Super, I downloaded it last night and flicked through it but, alas for me, there were no typos I spotted! When is it due for publising?

Very Nice :)

Super, I downloaded it last night and flicked through it but, alas for me, there were no typos I spotted! When is it due for publising?

Hopefully it should be started next week. I'm not sure how many the printers will be able to turn out this month.

When is it due for publising?

Typo :D

Reading through the text I've spotted some typos in the Introduction.

Para. 2

Penultimate line - "nations favourite" should be "nation's favourite".

Para3.

First line - comma after "title"

Last line - the word "time" is missing between "in" and "to"

Par.4

Line 6 - redundant comma after "you"(or alternatively add one after "reader"

In "The new layout"

Para.2

Line 2 - "non proof" should be hyphenated

I don't think Edward VIII fills a gap between monarchs! He was monarch from 20 Jan-10 Dec 1936. I know what you mean here but the wording is misleading. I'd leave out the whole clause and have something like "The guide also covers the extremely rare coins and patterns of Edward VIII."

How to use this price guide

Para 1.

Line 2 - "like all" should be "as with all" (otherwise you're saying that gold coins are like all previous editions).

Last line - "labeled" is the American spelling. British English uses a double "l". Ditto when the word reappears in the next but one section.

Mintage figures

Comma splice in penultimate line. "They are just there..." reads better as a separate sentence, or replace the comma with a semi-colon.

P.4 - last para.

"referred" not "refered"

"existence" not "existance"

Grading

Fine - apostrophe missing in "monarch's head"

Very Fine - do you mean "but which has seen" in l.1?

Bullion value

"Silver coloured" should be hyphenated.

I hope this is useful - no doubt your proof-reader will spot these as well.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

I'll print those out and change them when the proof reader has finished. I daren't say to him "Hang on, stop, here's another version with some corrections!", because that's bound to get on his thrupennies.

And I'll let him get credit for them!