British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Gary1000

Coin engraved with the Lords Prayer

I'm looking for a coin that has had the Lords Prayer engraved on one side, a silver 3d or sixpence would be preferred. It's for an upcoming birthday present for a friend so I have a few weeks to find one.

Wasn't one of those someone's avatar? I think your best bet is the bay. I have several all from there - none I would want to get rid of though I am afraid. They go for about £25-£40.

Wasn't one of those someone's avatar? I think your best bet is the bay. I have several all from there - none I would want to get rid of though I am afraid. They go for about £25-£40.

Thanks Debbie, I have one myself which I gave to my wife to keep in her purse which has prompted her to want to give one to a friend for her birthday later in the year. I did do a quick search of the bay but there is nothing on there at the moment. I'll have to try and figure how to set up a search.

I've got a 16mm diameter brass one in the scrap pile with the Lord's Prayer on one side and the Doxology on the other. It's got a crack though and it's holed for suspension. The hole is ok, the crack not, I suspect.

Mine :) sorry i will never sell it,purely cos it was the first coin i ever bought,sentimental old bugger me

If you're still in need of this coin then there are two offered in R.Ingram's latest list. Both threepences, on has a widow head Victoria on the Obverse and the other is an Edward VII.