British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

gouby

Hi i am looking for 1911 gouby x . Free of verd , will pay a good price straight away.

Thanks for looking and wont waste your time .

I wouldn't recognise a Gouby X unless it was flying a large flag identifying it as such. :huh:

I've seen lots of pennies with X marks if that helps?

post-509-0-86084500-1402972248_thumb.jpgpost-509-0-05215900-1402972266_thumb.jpgpost-509-0-68819100-1402972281_thumb.jpgHere is the 1911 Gouby-X. The "I" in Britt points to a tooth!

I wouldn't recognise a Gouby X unless it was flying a large flag identifying it as such. :huh:

I've seen lots of pennies with X marks if that helps?

Like the 1903 "open 3" it's one of those varieties I wouldn't be interested in but for its rarity. It doesn't rank alongside the 1922 "1927 reverse" or any date rarity like 1869, but I'm still happy to own one. :)

FWIW it's the only rare 1911 'hollow neck', which puts it alongside the 1921 shilling and 1923 florin mules with the earlier obverse.

were there not a few other identifiers as well.

Thank you for the reply s and mail.I have now purchased one and although i have not received it yet happy with the pictures.I agree with the comments made ,however scarce and one to cross off the variety list.

Interestingly, Freeman also identifies the 1912 penny as having specimens with a 'hollow neck,' although I don't think I've ever come across one, nor does it seem to be a recognised variety like the 1911. Whether this applies to both the 1912 and 1912H isn't clear.

Interestingly, Freeman also identifies the 1912 penny as having specimens with a 'hollow neck,' although I don't think I've ever come across one, nor does it seem to be a recognised variety like the 1911. Whether this applies to both the 1912 and 1912H isn't clear.

I think - though it needs confirming - that all first obverse coins (i.e. until 1913 2nd type) have a hollow-ish neck, though the genuine 'hollow neck' examples are more pronounced.

Hi All,

I am interested in buying the Gouby book, however I have not been able to spot a checkout option on his site. Could anyone suggest how I can buy one please? Also if anyone has Mr Gouby's email ID could you kindly share it with me please?

The numbers and email addresses on the site should be functional,although he said last week he is changing his service provider and the site could be in transition

michael@michael-coins.co.uk should still work,

John

Cheers CF