British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

DaveG38

They never fail to disappoint do they?

Oh and 1 last thing Mr Nordle, your Fellow countrymen started the topic slating your own national team, i've not seen you give them a dig about it, so don't lets Play the racist card because thats now how its starting to look to me. If you Slate 1 man of a different nationality for only Adding his opinion to what your Fellow countrymen have already said quite plainly then its clear yiu're wanting a dig because of my nationality, so its best you calm doon and have a wee think before your gob Runs a little further than it should.

Edited by azda

Ok hodgeson did not on purpose set out to lose the world cup but in the end the buck has to stop with someone and someone has to go too make way for someone better (hopefully?) lol

England weren't good, but they weren't as bad as portrayed either. We played better than Spain (which isn't saying a lot), and there are a lot of very tricky so-called 'lesser' teams in this tournament - perm any from Algeria, Costa Rica, Columbia, Uruguay, Australia .. the list goes on. It's very hard to consistently win international matches these days, unless your name is Germany or Spain '08 - '12.

Anyway, we didn't lose to Uruguay. We lost to Luis Suarez, who scored two brilliant opportunistic goals that few other strikers would have got. Apart from him, we were better than them in most departments, but they - as is so often the case with England - had the bigger point to make and a bigger appetite for the game and more determination and fight to win.

Oh and 1 last thing Mr Nordle, your Fellow countrymen started the topic slating your own national team, i've not seen you give them a dig about it, so don't lets Play the racist card because thats now how its starting to look to me. If you Slate 1 man of a different nationality for only Adding his opinion to what your Fellow countrymen have already said quite plainly then its clear yiu're wanting a dig because of my nationality, so its best you calm doon and have a wee think before your gob Runs a little further than it should.

Wow. :blink: Just like your claim, it was just a bit of banter Dave (yes I am aware of what it means). You didn't have to start being abusive, but thanks for knocking me down a notch (and also insinuating that I'm racist), I feel much better now. :(

Edited by Nordle11

Hmmmm Mr Daveg38 i seem to remember a comment made by your good self in the thread "England frightened of Scottish Independence" where you said that England should also get too vote on it, yet as i stated, there are more than just England and Scotland in the Union. And so you now say WE'RE racists when its small minded people such as yourself who believe that England is GREAT BRITAIN, no sit,its not andthis is where this bullshit comes from, from narrow minded people. I'm not going to jump into this debate any longer,but its clear to see just why Scotland should seperate from England (as you put it)

Not being abuse nordle,but when i'm pushed, ishove back and you Statement was borderline. As i said, your Fellow countryman Started the thread yet you never jumped when he said his thoughts, only when i said mine and thats because you were defending your pride, like i defend mine. So lets leave it there please.

Can I confirm that this means England are shite at football or not. The two games I begrudgingly watched lead to the obvious conclusion that they're overpaid, ball shy, little girls but then again I'm off the opinion that football is less important than almost absolutely completely anything ever invented in this world or any other ever at any time including the past and future, so I may not be the best judge.

BTW I'm English but I have been to Scotland if that helps.

Surprise team of the Tournamemt so far, Costa Rica

Surprise team of the Tournamemt so far, Costa Rica

Given they were supposedly the weak team in England's group and yet thrashed Uruguay. Uruguay were supposedly worse than England but still beat them. If Costa Rica put up a good show against Italy, then I can see them beating England too. Group winners?

Edited to add: oops - just seen the score. Definitely likely to be group winners now.

Edited by Rob

Will someone please explain to Dave the difference between racism and xenophobia? You can't be racist just because you insult a 'foreigner'.

White Englishman insults white Frenchman : xenophobia

White Englishman insults Algerian living in France : racism

White Englishman insults his next-door neighbour, Englishman of Jamaican origin : racism.

It's not difficult. Just because someone is a foreigner doesn't mean they're a different race than you are.

White Englishman insults white Uruguayan living in Liverpool? Banter/xenophobia/racist

Hmmmm Mr Daveg38 i seem to remember a comment made by your good self in the thread "England frightened of Scottish Independence" where you said that England should also get too vote on it, yet as i stated, there are more than just England and Scotland in the Union. And so you now say WE'RE racists when its small minded people such as yourself who believe that England is GREAT BRITAIN, no sit,its not andthis is where this bullshit comes from, from narrow minded people. I'm not going to jump into this debate any longer,but its clear to see just why Scotland should seperate from England (as you put it)

Sorry, but your memory deceives you. I have never (anywhere) suggested that the rest of the UK should have any vote on Scottish independence.

I made no claim about racism whatsoever. I did point out though that the reference you posted whilst superficially amusing carrried a rather nasty undertone, since it was clearly making the point that there are many mean spirited people in Scotland who take pleasure in seeing England defeated. That was the thrust of the article you posted and it was clearly your intention to air that view - I'm not sure why you want to publicise this negative view of the Scots as it does them no favours. By and large, I have to say that my own experience tends to support that 'joke' since I have rarely come across a Scot who actualy supports the England team in tournaments, yet I have regularly come across Englishmen who directly support Scotland. The contrast between the two has been very stark at times.

It's up to you whether you wish to continue a debate, but I don't seee why somebody taking a different view from yours should somehow provide a justification for Scottish independence. Strikes me as the spolit child having a tantrum because he doesn't like what he's being told. Remarkably like Alex Salmond - you'll be using the 'B' word next. :lol:

You are quite correct and so i Shall eat humble pie. It was actually gary1000 @ post 174 of the Scottish indy thread. Although i do wish to point out that you did mention that Englamd would take their pound back should Scotland win. Now if thats not childish i dunno what is, but as i said in that thread, we already have our own banknotes that Englamd don't accept anyway so i doubt its any Skin off the nose.

The article that i posted again was from an ENGLISH friend of mine. I read only the headline which amused me and also my ENGLISH friend so i can't see why it would Piss you off unless you were already.

You claim there is MANY mean Spirited people in Scotland, i would say its worldwide judging by the amount of wars going on around this planet, yet you Choose to take a sartirical piece and turn it into propaganda, are you a Tory by any chance?

Anyway, i've made my apology for the remark, as said, it was Gary @ post 174

You are quite correct and so i Shall eat humble pie. It was actually gary1000 @ post 174 of the Scottish indy thread. Although i do wish to point out that you did mention that Englamd would take their pound back should Scotland win. Now if thats not childish i dunno what is, but as i said in that thread, we already have our own banknotes that Englamd don't accept anyway so i doubt its any Skin off the nose.

The article that i posted again was from an ENGLISH friend of mine. I read only the headline which amused me and also my ENGLISH friend so i can't see why it would Piss you off unless you were already.

You claim there is MANY mean Spirited people in Scotland, i would say its worldwide judging by the amount of wars going on around this planet, yet you Choose to take a sartirical piece and turn it into propaganda, are you a Tory by any chance?

Azda,

Accepted, thank you, with no hard feelings.

I don't think its a matter of taking the pound back. The currency of the UK is the pound and if Scotland leaves the UK it can continue to use the pound, as any country can, but what it loses is any control over that currency. That's a simple consequence of independence. There's nothing childish about the government's position on a formal currency union, since it would not be in the UK's interest to enter into one. Obvious really when you look at the state of the eurozone where the currency union has all but failed without political union. It will only work if the Eurozone countries enter into a closer political union, but this is the opposite direction from that being taken by Scotland. That means no currency union with Scotland. Only the bilndly prejudiced or politically dishonest claim otherwise.

Doesn't piss me off in the slightest. I'm just surprised that you would post something that is so clearly prejudicial to the Scots, since the underlying view it gives is not a very flattering one. I don't particularly care, but I thought those Scots who like to be regarded as friendly, welcoming and inclusive might have taken exception to the caricature of them that it depicted, especially the underlying grain of truth it contains.

Azda,

Accepted, thank you, with no hard feelings.

I don't think its a matter of taking the pound back. The currency of the UK is the pound and if Scotland leaves the UK it can continue to use the pound, as any country can, but what it loses is any control over that currency. That's a simple consequence of independence. There's nothing childish about the government's position on a formal currency union, since it would not be in the UK's interest to enter into one. Obvious really when you look at the state of the eurozone where the currency union has all but failed without political union. It will only work if the Eurozone countries enter into a closer political union, but this is the opposite direction from that being taken by Scotland. That means no currency union with Scotland. Only the bilndly prejudiced or politically dishonest claim otherwise.

Doesn't piss me off in the slightest. I'm just surprised that you would post something that is so clearly prejudicial to the Scots, since the underlying view it gives is not a very flattering one. I don't particularly care, but I thought those Scots who like to be regarded as friendly, welcoming and inclusive might have taken exception to the caricature of them that it depicted, especially the underlying grain of truth it contains.

Not strictly true. The eurozone was doing fine until the worldwide banking crisis in 2008. Ok, you could argue that it thereby failed its first real test, but it's not inherent to a currency union that political union is necessary before it can work. After all, the currency union was a logical 'next step' given the Common Market that had preceded it was successful for 30 or 40 years.

And so the topic drifts from football to political football...............

Further drifting will likely take us into politics, with the Green Party winning the World Cup.

English language is getting harder and harder for me these days...still trying to learn.

From start of this thread it is more like a passion for football like passion for politics and passion for raw and slab coins it is like debate in all isshhh language .English or Scottish

At least i know the debate in slab coins that is enough for me.

• Like 1

White Englishman insults white Uruguayan living in Liverpool? Banter/xenophobia/racist

Suarez is a racist himself

Scot free

Welsh on someone.

England will defend on the beaches....well the shower will be on the beaches after next Tuesday.

I'm stuck with a mountain of sausages,burgers & 300 cans of beer....what can I do with all this?

Scot free

Welsh on someone.

England will defend on the beaches....well the shower will be on the beaches after next Tuesday.

I'm stuck with a mountain of sausages,burgers & 300 cans of beer....what can I do with all this?

Why buy it all in the first place Peter? 300 cans ofLager has to be one good farthing purchase alone Edited by azda

What's the address ? I'm sure we can find someone to cheer for :ph34r:

I was supporting you lot, but you didn't do any better than my lot !

post-8124-0-61216800-1403339324_thumb.jp

Garrett. No sign of that halfcrown yet from status?