British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

I have a lot of coins stored away and would like to know the value of them. The earliest coins I have date back to late 1800's, the earliest dating back to 1862. The earliest coins I have wear all over, some are difficult to see the images and the writing but some are clear to see. Most of them are pennies and I have around 75+ from 1800's,most of them in good condition. The pennies (70+) from early 1900's are also in good condition. I also have some half pennies and shillings that are also in great condition. I would like to know how much you think they can sell for in the UK? Thanks, replies will be appreciated. :)

Without pictures to determine grade you have no chance of really knowing as grade is important to collectors.

The coins that are difficult to see as you say will be no more than bullion value if silver

• Like 1

Post some pictures of the best graded coins.

We can take it from there.

• Like 1

20140529_232321_zps9c616390.jpg

I tried to vary the different types of coins I have. Also, I found a 1 cent coin that says Queen Victoria on the front and Straits Settlements One Cent 1889 on the back. Is this worth much?

Unfortunately, what you've shown there is just what is referred to as "accumulation" in auctions, i.e. probably pulled from change in the 1960s (or later in the case of the florins/shillings). They're really only worth scrap value, so I'm sorry to bring you bad news.

There are a few rare varieties in the late Victoria / Edward VII series, but you'd need to show them to an experienced collector first.

(I know nothing about Straits Settlement coins, but others here will advise).