British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

rpeddie

Looking For Books

Basically interest has been diffusing over different coin areas and other countries or in the crossfires :P

what i am looking for are basically coin books, in a perfect world as well lay out as spinks/cris perkins books ;) , but for other countries

Main ones id like are

Greek

Roman

Spanish

German

France

thanks for any info

thanks thats exactly what im looking for :)

Sears Roman Coins in the various parts covers these. You should be able to pick up the 4 volumes for not too much over £100 if you are patient, certainly less than £200.

A great one for ID-ing ancient Greek is Richard Plants 'Greek Coins and their Identification'. I should know as I'm currently manually typing the whole thing from scratch to appear probably in 2015 as a Rotographic book (in metric and with some updates). For now, you'll have to make do with the re-printed 1979 version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0900652470?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creativeASIN=094896409X&linkCode=xm2&tag=predecimalcoi-21

And of course for Roman there are the 2 linked to in my sig.

And for German I can supply the standard German catalogue (1871 to date) for about £14.00.

quite a few there, might we worth a look if i knew anything about them,nothing on russia though.

Basically interest has been diffusing over different coin areas and other countries or in the crossfires :P

what i am looking for are basically coin books, in a perfect world as well lay out as spinks/cris perkins books ;) , but for other countries

Main ones id like are

Greek

Roman

Spanish

German

France

thanks for any info

Ones I have and would recommend, worth checking earlier secondhand copies on Ebay - prices may be outdated but relative rarity still valid

France

Le Franc 10 - (2014) 1795 to 2001 -excellent better than Gadoury in my opinion - prices in Euros, most varieties covered, copious notes

Repetoire General des Monniaes de Louis XIII a Louis XVI - Droulers (2012) 1610-1793 - prices in Euros, most varieties covered, copious notes

Le Mercure des Monnaies Francaises - la Revolution Droulers (1996) 1791-1794 prices in French francs. but still the best detailed reference for this period

all the above in French only

Greece

Hellas Coins Karamitsos (2007) good coverage of all pre Euro issues from 1825 - text in Greek & English. prices in Euros

Spain

My Spanish Catalogue is ancient - text in Spanish & prices in Pesetas

Catalogo General de la Mondea Espanola Edifil (1981) Spain & colonies 1700-1868 - rather odd layout but good coverage

Italy

Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiane dal '700 all 'Euro Gigante (2013) Italy & Colonies plus Italian States 1732 up to the Euro - text in Italian prices in Euros

I'm still looking for a decent German Catalogue

I also have catalogues for the Netherlands, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, & Scandanavia - plus some more specialized French books.

Most national catalogues cost no more than the first decent coin you will buy for that country - always a worthwhile investment

:)

David

Most national catalogues cost no more than the first decent coin you will buy for that country - always a worthwhile investment

:)

David

That's a statement that ought to be pinned to the top of any list of collecting hints. Nobody who collects coins can rationally argue that books are a waste of money, yet so many are reluctant to spend even a pound.

great thanks for all these ill be working my way through them :)