British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Christhecat

Selling A 8 Reales Cob On Ebay?

I am looking to sell an 8 Reales Cob coin on ebay, which I no longer want. It looks to be water worn and maybe shipwrecked, but I have no information on which wreck it is from. f I sell it on ebay would I need to apply for an EU export licence if the buyer is from outside the EU?? The law in this area seems quite complex.

Actually, reading the arts council guidance, and reading the following passage from their guidance, I assume its ok to sell it to someone outside the EU if sold on ebay??

"9. ​The UK has decided to exercise its discretion under Article 2.2 by classifying the following categories of archaeological objects as being of limited archaeological or scientific interest:

(a) ​numismatic items of a standard type which are published in a reference work on numismatics; and

(B) ​objects, other than numismatic items, which possess no special or rare features of form, size, material, decoration, inscription or iconography and which are not in an especially fine condition for the type of object.

10. ​This means that objects falling within paragraph 9 (a) or (B) above will not require an EU licence for export outside the European Union under the Regulation provided that:

(a) ​they do not form part of a recognised archaeological collection of special historical significance;

(B) ​they are not the direct product of excavations, finds or archaeological sites within a Member State;

© ​they are lawfully on the market: objects which are illegally excavated, imported or traded would not qualify; and

(d) ​they do not fall within any other category of Annex I to the Regulation. Category A.2 (which covers elements forming an integral part of artistic, historical or religious monuments which have been dismembered, of an age exceeding 100 years in particular may be relevant. Annex I to the Regulation, is available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2009:039:0001:0007:EN:PDF"

See also http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/media/uploads/Guidance_Exporters_Archaeological_Objects_incl_numismatic_items.doc

B)

Spammer above perhaps^^^^^^^^

Sign in to follow this