British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

Decimal & Pre-Decimal Coins!

For Chris, members, and members yet to join us...

I just collected my decimal delivery from my father's today and, can I say, I'm absolutely delighted...softened the blow of selling two of my favourite Liz's and a J1 shilling this weekend!

As I mentioned in another post, I just sifted through my brother's change and came away with £8's worth of coins from his £600 savings...comparing these to the 1970's + coins, freshly delivered from Germany, makes me chuck half my brother's coins back into circulation!

Point is: many thanks, Chris; a lot of work packing peanut coins, but I have a fabulous wallet full of true BU coins with some grateful FOC coins...thank-you!

Other point is: they look damn pretty in BU, I recommend anyone, any visitors, seasoned or otherwise, maybe just having a blip in finances, to give it a go!

http://www.predecimal.com/coins-sale-british-decimal-coins-c-51_93.html

I bought a few pre-dec Lizzies too! :)http://www.predecimal.com/coins-sale-british-predecimal-coins-c-51_32.html

Bloody delighted! :)

Good stuff :)

I've taken a few nice examples from circulation.

Often the supermarkets and our village PO have mint bags.

The documentation of BU/early proof coins is quite tricky.Scans appear very dark and the picture shows little contrast

10Pence1975PP_zps5208d9ec.jpg

a 1974 proof 10 Pence

10Pence1975_zps6bdf60aa.jpg

in comparison that regular piece...

toning is very helpful in this regard

10Pence1981PP_zpscaee5012.jpg

Ron Stafford's survey of the first 10-15 years of 10p's makes fascinating reading, whether you're into micro-varieties or not.

Ron Stafford's survey of the first 10-15 years of 10p's makes fascinating reading, whether you're into micro-varieties or not.

Where can I access that, Peck?

I've got it in PDF Stuart if you want it....

Is there an equivalent or any good books on 50ps?

Hey, cheers, Declan, that would be very much appreciated! :)

I recently unearthed my original scans and PDF document too, so I can upload it anytime someone wants a copy

Is there an equivalent or any good books on 50ps?

AFAIK (and someone will shoot me down if wrong) there just isn't the same depth of varieties in the 50p series, as there is in the 10p. Even the 5p has far fewer apparently.)

For Chris, members, and members yet to join us...

I just collected my decimal delivery from my father's today and, can I say, I'm absolutely delighted...softened the blow of selling two of my favourite Liz's and a J1 shilling this weekend!

As I mentioned in another post, I just sifted through my brother's change and came away with £8's worth of coins from his £600 savings...comparing these to the 1970's + coins, freshly delivered from Germany, makes me chuck half my brother's coins back into circulation!

Point is: many thanks, Chris; a lot of work packing peanut coins, but I have a fabulous wallet full of true BU coins with some grateful FOC coins...thank-you!

Other point is: they look damn pretty in BU, I recommend anyone, any visitors, seasoned or otherwise, maybe just having a blip in finances, to give it a go!

http://www.predecimal.com/coins-sale-british-decimal-coins-c-51_93.html

I bought a few pre-dec Lizzies too! :)http://www.predecimal.com/coins-sale-british-predecimal-coins-c-51_32.html

Bloody delighted! :)

Thanks for the kind words. I am very particular with decimals (and 1950s and later pre decimals for that matter). Anything that doesn't make the grade gets rejected straight away, It's simply not worth me bothering selling the less than almost perfect to perfect modern coins.

sent to your enquiries at george coins email stuart - it's much bigger than the 150kb limit for posting here...

Much obliged! All received with thanks! Brilliant! :)