British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

bagerap

New Ebay Fee Structure

I have never had any problem with Ebay (over 1000 sales). Actually i do well out of it and it entirely funds my coin buying. I don't sell coins though.

I think too many people want to buy at auction, pay the commission of 20% then lose around 12% when they resell on Ebay, Then complain they cant make a buck !!

If Ebay did not make me money i wouldn't use it, simple. No point carrying on and bagging it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, MRD, come back in a few months and tell us how it's going. The 25% they're about to Charge sellers is going to hurt and it actually will be costing more than the 20% buying in auction. :P The only reason i can see for the huge Price increases is due to the fact People are leaving in numbers and those numbers equal loss of Revenue which in turn is why they've increased the charges by so much.

Watch this space

Edited by azda

Hmmmmmmmmmm, MRD, come back in a few months and tell us how it's going. The 25% they're about to Charge sellers is going to hurt and it actually will be costing more than the 20% buying in auction. :P The only reason i can see for the huge Price increases is due to the fact People are leaving in numbers and those numbers equal loss of Revenue which in turn is why they've increased the charges by so much.

Watch this space

Where does it make mention of a 25% final value fee?

Look at post 57 and post 67. FVF capped at 250 GBP, on a 750 Pound coin this would be actually 35%

Look at post 57 and post 67. FVF capped at 250 GBP, on a 750 Pound coin this would be actually 35%

I think you are mistaken, the cap is rising not the percentage of the final value fee. I stand to be corrected but that is my understanding.

A 1000 Pound item will now command a fee of 100 pounds as opposed to the previous 75 Pounds.

Thats still 10%, the fee has increased

A 1000 Pound item will now command a fee of 100 pounds as opposed to the previous 75 Pounds.

The cap on the final value fee (the 10% cut you give eBay of the final sale price, including p&p) will rise from £75 to £250. So anyone selling an item worth more than £750 will pay a lot mo

The cap on the final value fee (the 10% cut you give eBay of the final sale price, including p&p) will rise from £75 to £250. So anyone selling an item worth more than £750 will pay a lot mo

Incrementally upto 250 Pounds. I think you just hate Ebay :)

I get a 15% discount on FVF fees so selling on eBay isn't all that bad for me, but I only tend to sell stuff that's not in keeping with my website on there, e.g. modern coins or low grade.

And how much do you think a £750 sale will actually cost you? Bear in mind it WAS £75 then ask yourself how much more expensive that same £750 item is now going to cost to the seller, he's obviously going to increase his price to incorporate the new fees. Edited by azda

And how much do you think a £750 sale will actually cost you? Bear in mind it WAS £75 then ask yourself how much more expensive that same £750 item is now going to cost to the seller, he's obviously going to increase his price to incorporate the new fees.

A £750 sale is still £75 fee. Above 750 and you start paying the extra. The rise between £75 up to £250 is incremental, its not automatically £250 for a £750 sale, to pay the 250 you would have to sell an item for £2500.

Anyway nobody forces anyone to use it, I like Ebay despite its many shortcomings, it allows me to sell my wares to a world market for around 12% including PAYPAL fees. I of course like everyone would like to pay them less but its not to be.

• Like 1

Yes, but only in increments. Someone selling a coin for £760 will pay eBay £76 not £75, for £1000 will pay £100 not £75, and for £2500 will pay £250 not £75. So it's the coins between £1000 and £2500 that will cause a comparative "ouch". Below that, the increase is probably not enough to deter sellers. I would guess there aren't too many sellers of coins those prices.

• Like 1

Ahhh haaaa, so still 10% but now up to £2500 value. Never the less, eBay will hopefully die a death