British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Postage

I just wanted to bring this (thorny subject) up due to an experience i've just had. I bought 2 lots from the saleroom and i noted that it had the saleroom delivery banner underneath. I checked up the postage cost to me and for 1 lot i purchased (4 proof sets) it was going to cost 35 GBP, i then bidded on (unexpectedly) another coin weighing no more than 30g.

Having won both items i then received an ATG DELIVERY Price in my email of 62 GBP :angry: so they wanted another 27 GBP for 1 small coin weighing no more than 30g.

Feeling slightly pissed off i then emailed them to say that the Price seemed excessive considering they wanted 35 GBP for 4 sets and that for 1 extra coin going into the same packet that they were charging me another 27 GBP.

An email reply saying they were sorry that the Price did'nt meet my expectation and reduced it to 42 GBP, feeling i had won a small victory i then agreed to the Transaction. They then sent me after 4 days the tracking number and when i clicked on it, it was only then i realised how ripped off i felt. They have used a firm that i use all the time when i go to the UK, i can post up to 30 KILOS for a Maximum of 15 GBP, so it's cost them NO MORE than 15 GBP to send my item.

Now, when you think about their Initial postage Quote of 62 GBP i now feel well and truly f**&Qd off that they've tried to rip me off for so much Money abd just thought i'd share. The Company that they've used is interlink express (a fantastic Company i might add) and everything normally gets here within 4 working days, sometimes quicker.

I just thought i'd make you all Aware of how much These companies and this particular packaging Company will rip you off for postage. I have emailed them to ask them where they get their postage cost from considering i use the same Company, we'll see what they say.

• Like 2

Azda,

Yes do keep us informed. This is an area that is getting out of control. Think you have done right thing. Complain, complain,complain.

Mark