British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

Very Special 10Yr Anniversary

It was exactly this day 10 years ago that the 17th real member joined the forum. With the exception of me, I think he's the only remaining early member from those early days that is still very active. He keeps an eye on things here a lot better than I manage to.

Ladies and Gentlemen - Our moderator, pillar of the community, informed friend, Charles I shilling nut. It's TomGoodheart.

Thank you for being here for a whole decade.

• Like 2

Congratulations ,,,you deserve a gold watch for putting up with this lot and those spammers that occasionally drop in....excellent job keep up the good work :)

Happy 10th Anniversary Rich Tom! Tin or aluminium I think. :)

Tin watch it is then.... :D

I'm 10 this year in December and I don't think Rob is far off. :)

What!?!? Me?? Gosh. Who knew? (Not me obviously!)

I'm not sure if that's brilliant or a bit sad, but thanks everyone!

And don't worry about going to the trouble of a gold watch. A sovereign will do just fine!

:lol:

• Like 1

I was looking at the membership list the other day and happened to notice that it was your 10th anniversary soon.

And you deserve a bit of a fuss over it.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris!

Where does the time go. I'm up for 10 years next year. I guess there must have been a few members added between Tom to me. How do I tell my membership number?

I counted manually. It doesn't actually mean that TomGoodheart is No.17, though he is certainly very early. There may well have been genuine members before him that were never active and deleted. In the past when people join and don't post anything for a number of years I have purged them (mainly to get rid of sleeping spammers).

Well deserved, always friendly to chat to and very informative!

Where does the time go. I'm up for 10 years next year. I guess there must have been a few members added between Tom to me. How do I tell my membership number?

I know.... time flies.... I'll be a member 9 years this August...

I know.... time flies.... I'll be a member 9 years this August...

I'll be 9 years in December!

All you old, old, buggers! Good job there's been a few spring chickens happening along the way! ;)

Guess I'm still a newbie, coming up to 5 years

:unsure:

David

All you old, old, buggers! Good job there's been a few spring chickens happening along the way! ;)

Pft. Young whippersnapper! I'm not even middle-aged!

For a Hobbit anyway. :P

well done Tom. congratulations !

doesnt time fly when your having fun :) . Nice one Tom.

My ten is up next year Aug, so a while to go yet.......

well done Tom. congratulations !

Well done Chris actually. I'd say that, judging by others I've frequented, it's not so common for a forum to be thriving after ten years! Once the original enthusiasm and earlier members move on these things seem to dwindle and fold. So there must be something abut predecimal that people find useful/ helpful / fun or whatever, for it to still be attracting members (and not just those that drop in twice and disappear) after all this time.

So .. well done everyone! And in particular mein host, or should that be unser Gastgeber Chris!

It is good to see Chris posting again

BTW how do I get a Taxi into my motorbike?

I think Chris found the magic mushroom field in Germany.

• Like 1

Well done Chris actually. I'd say that, judging by others I've frequented, it's not so common for a forum to be thriving after ten years! Once the original enthusiasm and earlier members move on these things seem to dwindle and fold. So there must be something abut predecimal that people find useful/ helpful / fun or whatever, for it to still be attracting members (and not just those that drop in twice and disappear) after all this time.

So .. well done everyone! And in particular mein host, or should that be unser Gastgeber Chris!

No no, you lot all make it want it is!

Now that things have settled down this end, I'll try to be a little more active.

I bow down to the superior knowledge of many of the regular members here. I'm just an SE London street urchin who started this website on an old laptop, sitting in his underpants waiting in the launderette for his clothes to finish. 14 years later and my abilities for soaking garments still by far out trump my ability to soak up and disseminate numismatic knowledge.

I actually returned under a new name in 2009. My original membership was around 2005? and I remember people like Master JMD from back then, but I wasn't a very active member and cannot now remember what my username was.

Edited by Peckris

Well done Chris actually. I'd say that, judging by others I've frequented, it's not so common for a forum to be thriving after ten years!

The amazing thing about this post is the number of regular posters highlighted who are still here, nearing a decade on! Says sumfing! :)

Rather late to this thread, but it's been a hectic week in the real world. Well done Tom! Hope I can manage 10 years!