British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

Very Special 10Yr Anniversary

I'm 10 this year in December and I don't think Rob is far off. :)

I'm 9 in May, though I did post as a guest prior to that in the good old days when guests could do so without registering and spammers were non-existent.

• wow.......congratulations

Congrats and thanks to all the info and advice from all the expert.

Congratulations! You've been a rock and a pillar.

Here's to another ten years! :)

Hey! Sylvester! Over 11 years for you isn't it? Good to see you!

Wonder what happened to Master jmd, Geoff, Emperor Oli and a few of the others? And where did they years go?

Wonder what happened to Master jmd, Geoff, Emperor Oli and a few of the others? And where did they years go?

Geoff was at Wakefield yesterday. A very nice man as he bought something. :)

Master JMD I remember from my first incarnation here in ... 2005?

I think Halfpenny Jon and William kind of grew out of coins a bit I think, i.e. got on with learning whatever they were learning - no doubt boozing and babes and babies may have got in the way for some of the early members. I bought some coins off both Jon and William many years ago. And for young people now there is social networking. Forum? What's a forum, we may as well all be using ZX81's, we're so old.

I think Halfpenny Jon and William kind of grew out of coins a bit I think, i.e. got on with learning whatever they were learning - no doubt boozing and babes and babies may have got in the way for some of the early members. I bought some coins off both Jon and William many years ago. And for young people now there is social networking. Forum? What's a forum, we may as well all be using ZX81's, we're so old.

Youngster. N00b. ZX81? Hah! Some of us remember the ZX80...

I don't think it's quite 11 years yet, but it can't be that far off, November I think.

Also Jon and William iirc.

I often wonder what happened to all those youngsters, they were aged in the 10-15 age range back then, they'll all be in their early to mid-20s now! Probably at uni or got families now, my how the time has flown by. Scary thought!

I'm glad to be back, it's been a while. Chris' got me working on a little project, so hopefully I'll be nipping in and out of the forum for a while.

How are you getting on anyway?

When I was a lad, we had quills. ;)

Quills? Why animals hadn't even evolved feathers when I were a lad!

Fortunately, neither had writing ... we just slapped some clay on the cave wall and called it ug.

:P

Quills? Why animals hadn't even evolved feathers when I were a lad!

Fortunately, neither had writing ... we just slapped some clay on the cave wall and called it ug.

:P

Cave? Luxury. Our dad used to murder us in our sleep, then we had to get up before we went to bed and work a 25-hour day...

post-4737-0-41296100-1406742056_thumb.jp

Dunno about quills, but my early school memories are of scratchy pens and inkwells set into the desks. When were biros invented and when did they become cheap enough for common usage? I know they were banned for all my schooling

Dunno about quills, but my early school memories are of scratchy pens and inkwells set into the desks. When were biros invented and when did they become cheap enough for common usage? I know they were banned for all my schooling

I think the changeover period was my own schooldays (the 60s) - I remember we had to have fountain pens exclusively, but biros were accepted later, e.g. for homework among other things. Having said that, I think we had to have fountain pens for O- and A-Level papers.