British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nordle11

Here's One For You Gold Lovers

I know I said one, but actually it's two..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1817-King-George-III-Gold-Sovereign-High-Grade-unrecorded-error-1-for-I-/360884771970?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item5406689c82

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extremely-Rare-1879-London-St-George-Dragon-Gold-Sovereign-R4-Marsh-/360884777869?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item540668b38d

They've only been on for half a day or so, one of them is apparently unrecorded. I can't even claim to be a novice in gold coins so I can't comment but I'd be interested if someone knows otherwise...

Matt

Someone tell him he's a ****. Why quote Marsh on the second item, when you can't be bothered to check the images of the 1817. Numerals are arabic 1s, missing serifs are blocked dies or broken punches. Simple. I cannot understand why people get so obsessed with infinitessimally small incremental die changes due to being used for their original purpose. I would like to claim the well deserved excessive rarity of my unmodified, struck as intended, virtually impossible to obtain normal type coin.

• Like 1

Someone tell him he's a ****. Why quote Marsh on the second item, when you can't be bothered to check the images of the 1817. Numerals are arabic 1s, missing serifs are blocked dies or broken punches. Simple. I cannot understand why people get so obsessed with infinitessimally small incremental die changes due to being used for their original purpose. I would like to claim the well deserved excessive rarity of my unmodified, struck as intended, virtually impossible to obtain normal type coin.

I thought as much. Well put by the way :D

. I would like to claim the well deserved excessive rarity of my unmodified, struck as intended, virtually impossible to obtain normal type coin.

:) :)

This is the fifth 1879 sovereign I've seen for sale within the past year. R4?

Scarce coin, rare if you can find a fully struck obverse (think they may not exist) but more common that catalogue in VF-GVF. The half sov of London this 1879 date is actually equally scarce or perhaps a bit moreso with truly mint examples also quite rare. I'm thinking I may have seen more than five in the previous year...