British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Collectors Coins, Decimal Issues - Ebook

The eBook version of "Collectors' Coins: Decimal Issues of the United Kingdom" is now available.

For Kindle devices, from here (currently for £4.32):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IXXJRBE?tag=predecimalcoi-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B00IXXJRBE&adid=03Y8QFWCY5NY96K7PT6K&

And as an ePub (for almost all other ereader software inc iPhone, Android etc etc) here, for £3.50:

http://mydgs.co/M8uYpb

The printed paperback version is coming next month!

post-1-0-07919600-1394649715_thumb.jpg

Just bought the ePub version, but just HOW on earth do I get to read it? I've downloaded the file into something called DGS Dowloader, but can't seem to get any further than that???

It all depends on how your ereader software works! I'm not familiar with whatever DGS is. Does your ereader read epubs (most do) and can you manually search and find the file with it?

Download the kindle app Stuart, its free, also while you've there try downloading whatsapp ;)

The eBook version of "Collectors' Coins: Decimal Issues of the United Kingdom" is now available.

For Kindle devices, from here (currently for £4.32):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IXXJRBE?tag=predecimalcoi-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B00IXXJRBE&adid=03Y8QFWCY5NY96K7PT6K&

And as an ePub (for almost all other ereader software inc iPhone, Android etc etc) here, for £3.50:

http://mydgs.co/M8uYpb

The printed paperback version is coming next month!

Any samples of the book Chris, a couple of Pages to try before buying?

Download the kindle app Stuart, its free, also while you've there try downloading whatsapp ;)

Does kindle read e-pub? I don't want to now buy the kindle version as well?

I've downloaded a couple of free e-pub readers, but none appear to be able to file search my phone for the download?

Does kindle read e-pub? I don't want to now buy the kindle version as well?

I've downloaded a couple of free e-pub readers, but none appear to be able to file search my phone for the download?

It isn't supposed to but you could try this somewhat lengthy process - http://www.wikihow.com/Read-ePubs-on-Kindle-Fire.

If you get the Kindle version and that works better for you, I will of course refund the epub!

The kindle version on Amazon shows a few of the first pages.

And the Rotographic website links to this pair of pages:

http://www.rotographic.com/images/CCDIp72-73.jpg

I've got CCGB 2014 on the free Kindle for Mac app. It works fine, and it automatically picked up all my other Kindle books on the computer, including where I'd left off reading them. Worth the slight extra I'd say.

I've got CCGB 2014 on the free Kindle for Mac app. It works fine, and it automatically picked up all my other Kindle books on the computer, including where I'd left off reading them. Worth the slight extra I'd say.

I also have this on my ipad and works a treat. Better with the kindle app Stewie

I also have this on my ipad and works a treat. Better with the kindle app Stewie
Think you could all be right! :D Edited by Coinery

OK I'm all kindled up, and works well! Not sure about the images, though, they only show as very low res, pixelated pics on my iPhone?? Great info., however, really like it! :)

Call the e-pub a donation to the pre-dec fund, Chris! :)

All the best!

• Like 1

What's up with the images? Can you post a screen shot? They should be pretty good.

What's up with the images? Can you post a screen shot? They should be pretty good.

Not sure I can perform a screen shot on the iPhone? The images are very grainy, with the sort of edges you'd expect from low res...if I double-tap the image, it enlarges (also in low res)!

Could be my phone, Chris, or my wireless download maybe?

I'll see if there's a way to capture the resolution view?

I don't know about iphones, but I'm pretty sure there's a screenshot function.

I just want to make sure that it's a prob with your setup and that the images are ok.... The initial file that was produced by my ebook conversion people was massive (due to the images) and I got them to re-do a smaller file with slightly less image quality. They look ok on my PC, but I need to keep an eye on it.

I don't know about iphones, but I'm pretty sure there's a screenshot function.

I just want to make sure that it's a prob with your setup and that the images are ok.... The initial file that was produced by my ebook conversion people was massive (due to the images) and I got them to re-do a smaller file with slightly less image quality. They look ok on my PC, but I need to keep an eye on it.

I can count the pixels across a 2p as 21pixels if that helps? Will google screenshot and find a way!

Ok. It should be a lot more than 21! That's like an 8bit Sinclair Spectrum.

Thanks for the email. I think it all depends on the screen size and specs of the device being used to view it. I have a feeling Amazon may have reduced the image quality to reduce file size.

The ebooks work fine and are useable on phones, but due to their nature they are better viewed on devices with larger screens.

This is one of the illustrations from my Kindle version :

post-4737-0-47512900-1394811578_thumb.jp

As you can see from what is a screenshot converted to a JPEG, it's absolutely fine. It must be either your computer Stuart, or something went wrong with the download?

This is one of the illustrations from my Kindle version :

Screen shot 2014-03-14 at 15.37.14.jpg

As you can see from what is a screenshot converted to a JPEG, it's absolutely fine. It must be either your computer Stuart, or something went wrong with the download?

Yes, much better than my images! I've sent Chris my own screen-shots/photos of the pages, which I'm accessing only via an iPhone...it's an odd one, though doesn't really interfere with my using the book! I'm in trouble with this decimal coinage thing...I've around 10 pieces already! ;)