British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Help With Spink 2014 Prices

You have paid for a prick to tell you what you have.................Agggggggggggggggggg

You have paid for a prick to tell you what you have.................Agggggggggggggggggg

Lol not at all, I believe these coins will get a better price if slabbed that's all, it has been borne out so far! And the premium has been way above the cost of slabbing! All part of the CGS trial really, plus I need some readies so selling them now.

It's impossible to be sure given the random nature of auctions, especially eBay, but every CGS slabbed coin I have sold so far has realised more than I paid (after slabbing costs, commission (if any) and postage), whereas the others (Kew 50ps aside) have very rarely done that!

I knew what these coins were and had them slabbed as part of a CGS TPG trial (see threads), some of them I am selling and so far (for mid-high grade coins) I would say there is a premium in excess of the cost of the coin submission.

I will post details when the next auctions are concluded, for anyone interested.

My position right now is that you will get a much better price when selling mid-high grade English Silver Coins (esp pre-George V) on eBay if they are CGS slabbed, and if you are thinking of selling it might be worth considering getting them slabbed (£80 value coins and above). My experience so far has been very clear on this, but only based on 20 or so CGS selling auctions.

And Peter, I am keeping my very best coins! And I appreciate your concern, I am staying as a collector and a forum member!

Edited by Paulus

Paul

Hang on in there your coins and pictures have given me pleasure....not in that sence :)

Paul

Hang on in there your coins and pictures have given me pleasure....not in that sence :)

Peter you are a one off, I do need to meet you one day, I will come to the Midland when you are there!

I will have fillet steak and lobster today...Mrs Peter is Irish(dodgy) but a cracking good ***************

Cheltenham...yes

Paul

PM me your address and Spink 2013 will be on its way. :)

If times are hard I will treat you to a 2014. :)

Lol not at all, I believe these coins will get a better price if slabbed that's all, it has been borne out so far! And the premium has been way above the cost of slabbing! All part of the CGS trial really, plus I need some readies so selling them now.

It's impossible to be sure given the random nature of auctions, especially eBay, but every CGS slabbed coin I have sold so far has realised more than I paid (after slabbing costs, commission (if any) and postage), whereas the others (Kew 50ps aside) have very rarely done that!

I knew what these coins were and had them slabbed as part of a CGS TPG trial (see threads), some of them I am selling and so far (for mid-high grade coins) I would say there is a premium in excess of the cost of the coin submission.

I will post details when the next auctions are concluded, for anyone interested.

My position right now is that you will get a much better price when selling mid-high grade English Silver Coins (esp pre-George V) on eBay if they are CGS slabbed, and if you are thinking of selling it might be worth considering getting them slabbed (£80 value coins and above). My experience so far has been very clear on this, but only based on 20 or so CGS selling auctions.

And Peter, I am keeping my very best coins! And I appreciate your concern, I am staying as a collector and a forum member!

You could well be right about this, and I wish you luck with your auctions. However, I don't think it would apply to popular rarities often sold in low(ish) grades such as the 1903 and 1905 halfcrowns. Those I feel are best sold raw.

If times are hard I will treat you to a 2014. :)

You are a proper gent! I have a 2013 and I can get by without this year's, thanks all the same :)

Paulus

I will help anyone.

You have a great eye for a coin.I can....and will help.

Peter

Not my farthings though.

I will send you plenty of silver coins if this helps.

:)

The gift of giving is great.

I know you have been unwell I have just got my silver coins from my foreign collection you are welcome to them...a steak night out.?

Peter

The gift of giving is great.

I know you have been unwell I have just got my silver coins from my foreign collection you are welcome to them...a steak night out.?

Peter

PM sent! :)

Ebay 99p Start can go incredibly high or scary low

my guess's are ----but hope they go for more----

1817 £60 to £80

1821 £80 to £100

1823 £50 to £70

My guess is around 1.5x to 2x this estimate. So about;

1817 £100 to £160

1821 £120 to £250

1823 £90 to £160

But what do I know :P

For those interested, they fetched:

1817 £130.00

1821 £227.22

1823 £175.01

• Like 1

Excellent prices, much as I hate slabs , they seem to push prices upwards ,

and the 99p starts ( for the brave ) also help . I bet fixed prices at a good

bit below the realised prices would not have been so successful .