British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Linking To Pics On Onedrive

Does anyone know whether it is possible to embed a 'direct link' to pics on One Drive (was SkyDrive) into posts on this Forum? i.e. the kind of link where the photo appears in the post without readers having to click anywhere.

I am hoping so, because uploading to OneDrive is so much quicker and easier than Photobucket, or similar free online photo hosting sites I have tried.

Google searches haven't revealed the answer so far ...

There is a public folder in one drive, so I assume you would put it in there and link to the file...I will have a look

If you choose the photo, select share, then an option is get link, this will give you a link that can be inserted into a thread

Thanks Colin, but I can't get that to work!

Why not use DropBox's Public folder? That's easy enough to use.

It works fine for me, have you put the photo in your one drive?

It works fine for me, have you put the photo in your one drive?

Yes, and I get a msg that the file extension (png) is not allowed on this forum, the same file works from Photobucket. To be clear, I want the pic to appear embedded in my thread, without anyone having to click anywhere

Ahh okay, instead of adding it as an attachment, you should be able to use the little image icon, looks like a polaroid pic and then insert the hyperlink in there. It will embed the picture in the post.

Ahh okay, instead of adding it as an attachment, you should be able to use the little image icon, looks like a polaroid pic and then insert the hyperlink in there. It will embed the picture in the post.

I have tried that, that's when I get the error. That is the method I use for my pics on Photobucket, just that it seems a more long-winded process with Photobucket.

<iframe><"https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=06C4CD4BE69E8BB3&resid=6C4CD4BE69E8BB3!245&authkey=ALE5GVt75nzxGfw" width="318" height="167" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Which is to say ... no idea. :(

Edited by TomGoodheart

Cracked it!! - choose to share the image then with the image on screen, right click and choose show original and then copy that link out of the address bar into the thread...we got there in the end!! :)

1826+-+Obv+1%24i%24+Proof.jpg

Edited by Colin G.

Cracked it!! - choose to share the image then with the image on screen, right click and choose show original and then copy that link out of the address bar into the thread...we got there in the end!! :)

1826+-+Obv+1%24i%24+Proof.jpg

Not showing for me. :(

Oh bugger that was showing on my PC earlier

I have a lovely little blue square with a white ? in.

Yeah, don't think it works, I like to show my coins in the post like this!

1834_HC_Rev03_CGS_zps6ae88bfc.png

Nice coin Paulus!

Nice coin Paulus!

Thanks, that one won't be going any time soon, even when I pare back to one nice example of silver milled per monarch! Ticks all the boxes for me!

Nice coin Paulus!

Thanks, that one won't be going any time soon, even when I pare back to one nice example of silver milled per monarch! Ticks all the boxes for me!

Yes, if I had to nominate just one currency coin it would be worth donning my cat burglar suit for, that would be it ... :D