British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Red Riley

Peck 1970 Edition

I have just acquired a copy of Peck in good condition without dust sheet. Looking for £85 plus postage (£10.77 to UK at current prices). Alternatively, if the purchase wants to cut out the postman I will be at Midland Coin Fair on Sunday.

Derek

General pointless response to a post made 8 months ago? Smells like spam to me.

• Like 1

I've just noticed the title of this thread and it implies that Peck's book was available in a 1970 edition. Is that right? I thought there was just the first and second, with the latter published in 1964. It's important to know as I make reference to this in my piece for Coin News on the DEI GRATIA halfpenny, and I wouldn't want to get it wrong.

Edited by DaveG38

I've just noticed the title of this thread and it implies that Peck's book was available in a 1970 edition. Is that right? I thought there was just the first and second, with the latter published in 1964. It's important to know as I make reference to this in my piece for Coin News on the DEI GRATIA halfpenny, and I wouldn't want to get it wrong.

1970 was a lithographic edition of the 1964 book. Better quality print and paper, but the same contents. There is also Peck's addendum in the 1967 BNJ.

• Like 1

1970 was a lithographic edition of the 1964 book. Better quality print and paper, but the same contents. There is also Peck's addendum in the 1967 BNJ.

Thank you for clarifying this. I've had a look at the BNJ addendum and it's clear that Peck hadn't seen the DEI GRATIA coin back then, which has meant I have had to tweak my article a little to reflect the discovery date of the first one to between 1967 and 1973, not 1964 and 1973 as I had first thought. So thank you also for this reference.