British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

TomGoodheart

Paypal Ffs

I assume Iran is also on their list. any others?

I tried to sell an Iranian banknote on eBay but wasn't allowed. <_<Current examples on the site have huge spaces so it reads I R A N instead.

I bet Cuba Gooding Junior has a nightmare trying to use paypal :D

:lol:

I assume Iran is also on their list.

see an even sillier case here - "For in the description the seller had put that this was an Ilkhan silver coin, minted in the 13th century in the Tabriz region. And Tabriz that's in the heart of darkness in American eyes: IRAN !!! So PayPal immediately blocked this evil attempt to evade trade restrictions with Iran."

see an even sillier case here - "For in the description the seller had put that this was an Ilkhan silver coin, minted in the 13th century in the Tabriz region. And Tabriz that's in the heart of darkness in American eyes: IRAN !!! So PayPal immediately blocked this evil attempt to evade trade restrictions with Iran."

Yep, they're great aren't they? Big brother wades in, but at no point allows the accused to discuss any bone of contention. Auto reply by email is their modus operandi. If you have the temerity to write, it will be ignored and a mistake claimed once you have a judgement in your favour.

The sad reality is that people won't walk away from eBay and Paypal because it offers an easy way of selling things. If you want to change eBay and not get some paranoid US offical worked up, there needs to be an alternative to eBay which people have to use and be seen to be using. Given the prices obtained on eBay of late, it strikes me that mass abstention would be timely, and frankly, I couldn't give a sh*t what they think other than if they try to impose their will on me, I go out of my way to stick one up theirs too.

I feel tempted to open a new account and flood it with hundreds of free listings of Iranian postage stamps or similar. Anything of zero value that would tie up their beaurocracy has to be worth the return on investment. In the land of the imperialist prat, I become a revolutionary and vice-versa.

Edited by Rob

Yep, they're great aren't they? Big brother wades in, but at no point allows the accused to discuss any bone of contention. Auto reply by email is their modus operandi. If you have the temerity to write, it will be ignored and a mistake claimed once you have a judgement in your favour.

The sad reality is that people won't walk away from eBay and Paypal because it offers an easy way of selling things. If you want to change eBay and not get some paranoid US offical worked up, there needs to be an alternative to eBay which people have to use and be seen to be using. Given the prices obtained on eBay of late, it strikes me that mass abstention would be timely, and frankly, I couldn't give a sh*t what they think other than if they try to impose their will on me, I go out of my way to stick one up theirs too.

I feel tempted to open a new account and flood it with hundreds of free listings of Iranian postage stamps or similar. Anything of zero value that would tie up their beaurocracy has to be worth the return on investment. In the land of the imperialist prat, I become a revolutionary and vice-versa.

Would we lose much by restricting ourselves to eBay.co.uk, who presumably have at least a modicum of natural commonsense?

Dream on.

Anyway, a Paypal transaction will still go through the US, so no help there.

Edited by Rob

I had trouble listing a Persian rug on German eBay! In the end I hyphenated the (Indian) town of origin and it was allowed. Have had trouble with Iranian coins in the past too.

And of course in Germany anything that even looks a little bit Nazi is dis-allowed, except coins for some bonkers reason.

Chris

Where has the cow gone?

What is the new book?

• Like 1

She went to the great knackers yard (or wherever old cows go) in the sky.

I changed the pic to something coin related as I'm the boss of what is now by far the biggest UK coin forum, and I thought having a comical cow hardly gave the impression of authority and coiny knowledge. The new image is "Collectors' Coins - Decimal Issues of the United Kingdom" (formerly "Check Your Change") and will go to print this month.

I've also added more links in my sig, to gain more exposure for the other books.

You're not allowed to sell anything nazi related in. Germany although it does happen, the fleamarkets are good placed too pick up bits and pieces although the deckels are normally covered. Anything that glorifies hitler is banned but hitler was never on the OBV of any coin, only the reichseagle. I read a few weeks back the mein Kampf book.which Hitler wrote in jail has been banned since the end of the war from being published, that ban is due to run out.

can get commerative medals with Hitler on though,

another annoyance of Paypal is it asking for passwords when you pay multiple sellers, and not when you pay them seperatly

Well, I have returned my Acceptable Use Policy affidavit to PayPal as required and am waiting to see if it's all resolved.

Of course, I don't really see the point, given that I didn't know I was doing anything wrong in the first place, so I have no idea how I can confidently state that I shan't do anything wrong in future!

But as I'm sure this is a policy thought up by lawyers and consequently not grounded in any form of reality recognised by humans perhaps that doesn't matter?

I just hope they don't top it all by sending me a survey asking how I found the experience to help them improve their customer service, or I shall lose my account for sure!

Edited by TomGoodheart