British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Anyone At Londoncoins Sale Today?

Just wondering how those two 1902 Crowns did, plus i have a Proxy on a foreign coin if anyone is taking notes?

(null)

I was at London Coins today, Dave, but only made a note of penny prices. The biggy was the F-192A, 1922 rev 1927 which hit £3,800 + commission. Nice to meet Derek Allen for the first time!

I often wonder what yours would sell for, a frightening thought lol. I was mainly interested in those two 1902 Crowns too see what each went for, plus i had a Proxy on a Spanish coin ;)

How quickly will they post the realized prices? Seems like they should be posted soon.

A day or 2 i think

Just wondering how those two 1902 Crowns did, plus i have a Proxy on a foreign coin if anyone is taking notes?

(null)

Crown 1902, CGS 82, finest known - 550,- + BP

Crown 1902, CGS 78 - 200,- + BP

Someone got a bargain on the 2nd one then

Looks like i won my lot :D

I bid on six lots and won five of them. Total cost about 10% under my maximum bids. Four coins come off my target 'buy' list. Another two coins were just 'nice to have'.

Good news Gents.

Now wait for the postie. :)

I got mine at 20% under my max, so fairly happy at that. Just waiting on the invoice now.

What did you get Dave?

What did you get Dave?

I'm intrigued. ;)

Did you get that CGS 82 1902 Crown you craved then Dave? I hope you did!

What did the '05 half crown go for? Or the 1864 penny?

What did you get Dave?

Lol, i did'nt go for the Crown, it was nice (the cheaper one) and its one coin thats on my List to buy but in Matt proof, i went a little Spanish/Mexican, lets see of you can guess from that ;)

What did the '05 half crown go for? Or the 1864 penny?

The 1864 Crosslet 4 went for £3400, the 1905 i can't find, possibly pulled?

May not have been pulled. All of the coins and prices realized in this sale do not appear to have been posted yet.

Dave I reckon you went for a reale

Or a Geo III counterstamp

I noticed that the 1953 VIP proof set with the mule beaded/toothed penny went for £10K (£2.5K over estimate). Obviously you've got to add 17% buyer's premium to that as well. Has to be some kind of record.

I noticed that the 1953 VIP proof set with the mule beaded/toothed penny went for £10K (£2.5K over estimate). Obviously you've got to add 17% buyer's premium to that as well. Has to be some kind of record.

I'm not too surprised. That penny's rarer than a 1933..

Correct Peter, 4 Reales to be precise, lot 645. in my nice NEW shiny Krause book in XF is $600 or £359.

As this is graded as a British EF it should technically be an American AU grade and therefor of higher value which Krause does'nt have and it will be sent to PCGS Paris along with the 5 Morgans that were recently purchased so i can maximise their FULL potential :)

Edited by azda

I would not give that VIP set that much credit as far as penny rarity - just when might the next one (or two) show up? Not quite fair comparing to the Legendary 1933 date. I was a bit surprised that the 1922 penny outperformed the 1864 crosslet..