British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Hartberger Euro-Clic Coin Holders?

Early on in my collecting I bought some packs of these coin holders.

They are rather like conventional hinged coin holders, however instead of card they are made of blue plastic and they close using four small pins that click into recesses on the back of the 'obverse' side.

Of course, now I'd like some more I find that Hartberger must have stopped making them some years ago.

Anyone know of any old stock supplies? Or an alternative as, though standard self-adhesive mylar flips would work fine, I don't find them terribly attractive. And I don't particularly want to buy capsules for all my differently sized coins.

Thanks!

Edited by TomGoodheart
bad speeling

I liked the old (sadly PVC) Coindex envelopes - nice space for a decent label that didn't obscure the coin - ie it looked like a modern slab

I hate mylar flips but quite like the double plastic envelopes, but not too sure re PVC and cant find a UK supplier

Anyone know of any old stock supplies? Or an alternative as, though standard self-adhesive mylar flips would work fine, I don't find them terribly attractive. And I don't particularly want to buy capsules for all my differently sized coins.

I've been thinking about buying saflips recently and potentially heat-sealing them. The cardboard 2x2s have riled me lately, one coin's edge slightly stuck to the adhesive, speckles of cardboard, inability to photograph (or even see) coins as well through the mylar screen.

For now I'm sticking to the capsules where diamater <= 2mm that of the coin (means not having to buy one of every size at least). I prefer seeing the coins laid out in trays and 50mm per flip means fewer coins per tray.

I think saflips are what I started with Damian, as I received a few coins in them. Nice and clear they are too.

It's just that I had the Hartbergers and thought why not use them again. Trouble is I only have up to 35 mm and have just bought a 38.1 mm coin! Might have to have a rethink ...

Sign in to follow this