British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Gary D

I've Gone And Done It.

Reverse A (on the left) & B (on the right). As Peck says, very different rims/teeth and, as Gary points out, the '1' of 1913 is differently aligned:

Penny1913%20F174%201%20+%20A%20REV%20500Penny1913%20F177%202%20+%20B%20REV%20500

Cheers. Time to get checking. :wacko:

Interestingly, there are circumstances that Heritage do NOT charge seller's commission at all...

Interestingly, there are circumstances that Heritage do NOT charge seller's commission at all...

They sold an item I bought by mistake, commission free. What other circumstances do you know of? Not that I have much to sell.

Reselling items you have bought from them previously if of sufficient value will go sans commission. Also, they are DEFINATELY business oriented and if you have marquee coins or a high value collection, they may waive fees in the entirety. Of course, they hit the buyers pretty hard.LOL>

Why not experiment?

Good move Gary hope it is Suffolk n good. :)

I'm still considering buying raw,PCGS slab and onto Heritage.It seems a way to mug the punters.

Did I read somewhere that Heritage won't take consignment under $5000.

Correct. An elitetest auction house, yet they don't bother who buys, only with what they sell because they require much Commission

Just for clarification, the minimum consignment total for all coins from a single seller is $5000. Not $5000 per coin (obviously). There are exceptions made if you originally purchased the coin from HA and are re-consigning it back through them. It is a bit of an "elitist" requirement, but it also makes sense that HA has to restrict submissions in some way -- the amount of paperwork and bookkeeping required if they allowed any Tom, Dick, or Harry to consign a $50 coin would be a nightmare.

Edited by brg5658

I think most auction houses (certainly the larger ones) have a minimum consignment value. Below which some might buy the coin from you themselves and then auction it. As Brandon says, it's just business sense.

Of course, knowing Heritage as I don't, it wouldn't altogether surprise me that if you were a regular vendor at their sales they might just accept a few 'one offs' that don't reach the $5000, just to keep a good customer happy though.

I was still put out to have 2 coins (around the 1k mark each) snubbed! It was quite a shock to have an 'unfortunately' email from them!

I think most auction houses (certainly the larger ones) have a minimum consignment value. Below which some might buy the coin from you themselves and then auction it. As Brandon says, it's just business sense.

Of course, knowing Heritage as I don't, it wouldn't altogether surprise me that if you were a regular vendor at their sales they might just accept a few 'one offs' that don't reach the $5000, just to keep a good customer happy though.

I'm quite sure this is the case, but I have no idea how one gets on that "preferred" list. I'm a collector, not a dealer -- what happens off the books between dealers and "good-ole-boys" is anyone's guess. I get the feeling there is a lot of nepotism and corruption in general among coin dealers this side of the pond. :unsure:

I'm quite sure this is the case, but I have no idea how one gets on that "preferred" list. I'm a collector, not a dealer -- what happens off the books between dealers and "good-ole-boys" is anyone's guess. I get the feeling there is a lot of nepotism and corruption in general among coin dealers this side of the pond. :unsure: in all walks of life, in all countries. If there's a dollar to be made, someone will always make a dollar twenty. Or in Italy $2 given the black economy is estimated to be roughly the same size as the official one. ;)

Well I'm at Grading Level II for what it's worth. So that's about 5 weeks now.

Well I'm at Grading Level II for what it's worth. So that's about 5 weeks now.

The penny is back now and top pop a CGS75. Now to sell it and see if slabbing it makes any difference.

post-462-0-45165400-1398456312_thumb.jpe

post-462-0-97793600-1398456355_thumb.jpe

AU75 seems fair.

Which route are you taking to sell it, Gary?

Edited by Accumulator

AU75 seems fair.

Not sure. My original idea was through London Coins. I did wonder about trying a BIN on Ebay just to see if I get a bite.

AU75 seems fair.

Not sure. My original idea was through London Coins. I did wonder about trying a BIN on Ebay just to see if I get a bite.

Beautiful coin Gary! Good luck with it. You won't have any trouble finding a buyer!

The grade it got wouldn't worry me.

If I saw it and the price was OK I would buy it.

Cracking strike.

By getting it graded you have added £20 to the cost.

Spink is for BU.The whole scenario of TPG is a farce.(IMO)

AU75 seems fair.

Always worth sticking it on there for £20+ more than you think it's worth, if it sells then hey, you've made more than expected, if not send it to an auction! :)

You know what irritates me about this whole grading Thing with CGS is they seem to grade quite quickly when Londoncoins have an auction, yet when it Comes to the paying public they take forever and a day, sorry but that irritates me.

I mentioned in another post about NGC having an Office in Munich, they actually ship the coins off to the USA and even that Turnaround is only 6 weeks from start to fininsh. CGS Need to pull their fingers out of their arse, seriously

The grade it got wouldn't worry me.

If I saw it and the price was OK I would buy it.

Cracking strike.

By getting it graded you have added £20 to the cost.

Spink is for BU.The whole scenario of TPG is a farce.(IMO)

Spink don't list this rare variety so value is a bit finger in the air.