British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

England Frightened Of Scottish Indepemdence

I was going to reply with we live in a democratice country and not a dictatorship, but i'll have to rethink that one

I think you will find we are a constitutional monarchy that pretends to be a democracy

We have a constitution? :o

The Magna Carta is about as close as your going to likely get.

True, true. Though what most people forget is that the old Carta was drawn up BY the barons, FOR the barons, AGAINST the crown - plebs like us weren't even in the frame. :D

Alex Salmond to replace the Queen on new Scottish pound coin http://bit.ly/1msi1B2

;)

Haha I saw that too, loving the frumpy side-on shot of his face :D

I love how they've gone one step extra and say it's being funded by Sean Connery, seriously, we aren't that brain dead!

Edited by Nordle11

And the laugh is that because it's April Fools Day everyone thinks this is a joke........

And the laugh is that because it's April Fools Day everyone thinks this is a joke........

:rolleyes: Is that some sort of April fools of an April fools?

:rolleyes: Is that some sort of April fools of an April fools?

No, I'm sure the Salmond would love to be seen as King Alexander IV! :rolleyes:

alexcoin_2868474b.jpg

Salmond said he would immediately reaignif Scotland won their independence back, so his image would definately not be on the coimage.perhaps the famois Churchill 2 finger salute would be more appropriate, we could optimise the space on the coin with just 1 finger perhaps :D

Salmond said he would immediately reaignif Scotland won their independence back, so his image would definately not be on the coimage.perhaps the famois Churchill 2 finger salute would be more appropriate, we could optimise the space on the coin with just 1 finger perhaps :D

Wot. You mean his position would be untenable? So he's just campaigning on behalf of Sean Connery?

No Rob, he's also campaigning for the 4 Million polish immigrants

No Rob, he's also campaigning for the 4 Million polish immigrants

Doesn't makes sense for him to resign unless he wants to wash his hands of the whole affair after he's bu**ered up the Union.

4 million Polish immigrants? They'll soon be the majority ethnic block in Scotland at that rate. Scotland will be a nation of plumbers - useful for curing the financial leakage. :ph34r:

If i'm not mistaken, it was always going to be the case as he states that his work would be done, i say it would only have just begun. The finicial leakage would be from England surely with a rather large tax hole to fill as it won't come from Scotland, this is why Westminster is sweating, because its going to Have to plug a large defecit and taxing an already exhausted population won't go down well

Edited by azda

It's a difficult one to call. Scotland has a greater %age of government handouts than England so there would be less drain on finances as a result. England wouldn't get the oil revenues, but would retain the gas ones roughly speaking. The practicalities are more problematic than the posturing. The banking system will be in a greater mess than it is now.

Plus, if Scotland gets independence then Labour would lose its benficial skew to the voting system in Westminster which would definitely help England's finances longterm as it is doubtful they could form a government, let alone spend taxpayers money in a carefree manner as they are currently wont to do. The cost of politics won't reduce as there are too many vested interests in every country to maintain the gravy train that is political favour.

My son is looking forward to a border at Gretna as it makes it easier for him to spend days out the country. :ph34r:

I am thinking that a portrait should be of a hystorical figger:

426-braveheart--125664909309859000.jpg?i

:rolleyes:

hystorical, historical or hysterical?

• Like 2

I suppose Mel Gibson is now a historical figure - it seems ages since he made a film :D

Or Rabbie Burns

I suppose Mel Gibson is now a historical figure - it seems ages since he made a film :D

It has been ages since he has been mentally competent enough to complete a film. Curiously enough he doesn't live but a few hundred metres from Britney Spears and Justin Bieber. Must be something in the water.

hystorical, historical or hysterical?

Deliberate innuendo.

It has been ages since he has been mentally competent enough to complete a film. Curiously enough he doesn't live but a few hundred metres from Britney Spears and Justin Bieber. Must be something in the water.

:D

King Alexander IV?

England on its own is not really bothered about scottish independance.

it has plundered most of their oil and gas and can now depend on fracking in the outbacks of yorkshire and lancashire to pay the bills in westminster

King Alexander IV?

The last Scottish king of this name was Alexander III. He was the last king of the House of Dunkeld and reigned from 1249 to 1286, and was, surprise, surprise the son of Alexander II. So, Mr Salmond would become Alexander IV - sounds better than King Salmond I, with Queen Sturgeon alongside him.

King Alexander IV?

The last Scottish king of this name was Alexander III. He was the last king of the House of Dunkeld and reigned from 1249 to 1286, and was, surprise, surprise the son of Alexander II. So, Mr Salmond would become Alexander IV - sounds better than King Salmond I, with Queen Sturgeon alongside him.
Not sure why you'd think a commoner would become a King Dave, i'm sure IF Scotland were to gain independence whoever was the Leader of said Independent country would certainly not become a King or Queen, perhaps president, but certainly not royalty. Edited by azda