British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

sherlock_222

Selling Different Kinds Of 50Ps

Hey Guys,

I'm selling a range of different 'special' 50ps on eBay and was wondering if anyone is interested in taking a look. Heres just a few I'm selling for really low prices!

- Isle of Man TT Motorbike 1997

- Bailiwick of Guernsey Freesia Flower 1997

- Give women the vote 2003

- Four minute mile 2004

- Olympic Judo 2011

- Olympic Badminton 2011

- Olympic Handball 2011

- Olympic Fencing 2011

They are all in good to perfect conditions with minimum scratches/marks. I'll be adding more in the next few days/ Collecting 50ps is defiantly more of a hobby for me than a business so more than anything I like to think I am building up a fellow enthusiasts collection!

Here's a link to the ones I am selling:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sherlock_222/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Thanks for reading and please take a look :)

Sherlock_222

No disrespect but the forum is mainly for collectors of predecimal coins. :rolleyes:

No disrespect but the forum is mainly for collectors of predecimal coins. :rolleyes:

Given that the name is predecimal.com you don't need to be Sherlock Ho Um. Whoops

Given that the name is predecimal.com you don't need to be Sherlock Ho Um. Whoops

:lol::lol:

I really am riveted - I must Buy ,buy, buy,

I think i am turning into a change addict

You should talk to Stuart. Apparently he just finds coins in his change! Who knew you could do that?!

I think that Stewie could piss in his pocket and find a fiver. :ph34r:

i do like long boats ....over 71ft

You should talk to Stuart. Apparently he just finds coins in his change! Who knew you could do that?!

:D I found a 2010 penny, yesterday...who'd have thought? ;)

i do like long boats ....over 71ft

Oh, and you could be in luck, Peter, my fenders clock up another couple of feet! ;)

2010 penny only 99,000,000 minted and someone finds one in their change -I don't believe it.

You will be telling me about undated 20p coins next

I do believe that this guy is going to end up a millionaire - i mean how could he fail with a business like this.

I would love to see him on dragons den

My MG is 75ft long but I don't think it will float :)

My hovercraft is full of eels

I think I must have caught whatever's going around.

I was picking through the trays of 'shinys' I've found in my change over the centuries and I caught myself thinking, "wow, this 20p is unmarked! Maybe I should send it to PCGS!"

Seriously though, if anyone is missing (if such a thing is possible!) a decimal issue in nice condition I might have one.

Even those particularly rare 50ps that don't commemorate anything at all!

:lol:

Edited by TomGoodheart

Go on, then! Cheers, TG!

It's true, I've lost the plot, I'm honestly enjoying the time-old experience (one I never had, incidentally) of just picking out BUish coins from change! It fills a need! ;)

I pick out nice £2 & 50Ps from change, lots of gaps, not sad enough to have bought any though

I pick out nice £2 & 50Ps from change, lots of gaps, not sad enough to have bought any though

Early days for me, David, I haven't got a single 20p...3 x 5p's and 2 x 1p's and 1 x 10p just doesn't make a collection! I'm sure I'll calm down once the bottomless pocket of the boat chills out a bit? ;)

Early days for me, David, I haven't got a single 20p...3 x 5p's and 2 x 1p's and 1 x 10p just doesn't make a collection! I'm sure I'll calm down once the bottomless pocket of the boat chills out a bit? ;)

You know .. it's nice to have a sideline that we can pursue when material or money is in short supply.

And picking shiny coins out and comparing them to see if you can spot one that really doesn't have bagmarks or blemishes (and that's pretty difficult with the standard of coinage today!) is a pretty good one, I reckon.

Teaches you to look carefully. How to compare one coin with another and see which you prefer. And if you have to spend them at the end, well, it hasn't really cost you anything other than time, eh?

:D

Edited by TomGoodheart

You know .. it's nice to have a sideline that we can pursue when material or money is in short supply.

And picking shiny coins out and comparing them to see if you can spot one that really doesn't have bagmarks or blemishes (and that's pretty difficult with the standard of coinage today!) is a pretty good one, I reckon.

Teaches you to look carefully. How to compare one coin with another and see which you prefer. And if you have to spend them at the end, well, it hasn't really cost you anything other than time, eh?

Absobloodylutely!

Great.

2013 1p. Brilliant, as struck. Uncirculated. est. £0.01-0.02

Provenance

Tesco, Bognor Regis. Till 5. 3:45pm 23/12/2013

Great.

2013 1p. Brilliant, as struck. Uncirculated. est. £0.01-0.02

Provenance

Tesco, Bognor Regis. Till 5. 3:45pm 23/12/2013