British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Selling Part Of My Collection

Circumstances dictate that I must sell part of my collection, those coins that I am selling through eBay auctions are listed here:

I hope there is some interest, please bid generously! :)

Note - I trust I haven't broken any Forum rules posting this link here, I realise that many members permanently have coins for sale on their own web sites or on eBay, on which I have sold many myself in the past. But this is a significant decision for me, and I think there will be some coins of interest to members :)

Edited by Paulus

I'd be surprised if anyone took offence, Paulus! I know the down-sizing situation only too well, the exciting bit it doing it all again with experience in your wallet!

I hope life isn't laying too much stress upon you? I'll do my bit in wishing for happier days if it is!

Take it easy out there, Stuart

I'd be surprised if anyone took offence, Paulus! I know the down-sizing situation only too well, the exciting bit it doing it all again with experience in your wallet!

I hope life isn't laying too much stress upon you? I'll do my bit in wishing for happier days if it is!

Take it easy out there, Stuart

Thanks Stuart, I just wish I could enlist you (or better still, Brandon! - no offense!) in photographing my coins, none of my pics do them justice, and I do try very hard!

Edited by Paulus

I saw those, Paul, doing my regular Thursday night newly listed check. I have put plenty of them in my watch list too!

I saw those, Paul, doing my regular Thursday night newly listed check. I have put plenty of them in my watch list too!

Thanks Declan! Yes, the old 'Thursday = 10 days 'til Sunday week' check is the best! It's painful but I need to 'downsize' quite significantly!

...or better still, Brandon! - no offense!...in photographing my coins, none of my pics do them justice, and I do try very hard!

Brandon who? ;):D

My photography is a million miles to go, yet, Paulus! However, yes, unfortunately, you're shaving a minimum 25% off your coins' potential on account of your images (I've not looked at your most recent listings to be fair)!

How desperate are you? Can I help FOC?

You've got my email address if you can think of any other way to do this?

Edited by Coinery

If it helps i believe Chris our Forum leader is looking for stuff. I have bidded on one, Do you have a list of what too expect?

Edited by azda

I think its fine for regular members to put up links to any coins for sale on eBay or elsewhere, Paulus. I've done the same in another thread. :)

Paulus so sad.

Don't leave us.....cracking coins

As a family we have spent many British holidays in Dawlish..gutted....we had our own private beach.Shell Cove.Mrs Peter is in tears

Thanks Peter, I won't be leaving, or giving up collecting, but I do need to raise funds. I will be resisting selling my very best/favourite coins at the heart of my collecting focus.

Thanks Peter, I won't be leaving, or giving up collecting, but I do need to raise funds. I will be resisting selling my very best/favourite coins at the heart of my collecting focus.

Glad to hear you are sticking around...I have to admit there are some coins I would hate to part with :(

If it helps i believe Chris our Forum leader is looking for stuff. I have bidded on one, Do you have a list of what too expect?

That's right. What have you got that's for sale and not on eBay?

Quite a lot will be going, especially if it's not milled silver! Notably:

Hammered

Edward VI shilling (VF)

Mary groat (F)

Henry VIII groat (F+)

Roman

89 BC (?) silver denarius depicting the rape of the Sabine women (nVF)

Julius Caesar denarius depicting elephant (VF) (Spink 456)

Copper & Bronze

Bronzed proof 1799 farthing (EF+)

Misc Victoria farthings

Milled Silver

George VI shillings (E & S) and half crowns (all dates, all EF-UNC)

Miscellaneous Liz II Piedfort £2 and £5 (although I'll probably wait until the silver price recovers a bit, if ever!)

I haven't got around to properly describing or photographing these yet, but if there's anything that particularly catches your (or anyone's) eye please PM me!

If you have any pennies, Paulus….

My only decent ones are 1901 & 1910, the rest are either George V or later or too worn (although who knows, there may be a rare variety in their somewhere!)

Hammered

Edward VI shilling (VF)

Mary groat (F)

Henry VIII groat (F+)

Roman

Copper & Bronze

Misc Victoria farthings

Milled Silver

Miscellaneous Liz II Piedfort £2 and £5 (although I'll probably wait until the silver price recovers a bit, if ever!)

I haven't got around to properly describing or photographing these yet, but if there's anything that particularly catches your (or anyone's) eye please PM me!

Oh, you are just so taking advantage, Paulus...I'm embarrassed...I hope you've run this full-set list past Chris? I'm ashamed of you! :)

Hammered

Edward VI shilling (VF)

Mary groat (F)

Henry VIII groat (F+)

Roman

Copper & Bronze

Misc Victoria farthings

Milled Silver

Paulus,

I will have a look at your farthings for you if Chris is not interested :rolleyes:

I'm intrigued to see the hammereds. ;)

I will try and take some half decent pics this weekend :)

I will only sell my coins when me and Mrs Peter go around the world....When ....I don't know but as soon as the minxes are through education.

The farthings will stay.....and turn green. :huh:

Thanks to all or any of you who took an interest in, or perhaps even bid on, any of the coins I sold last Sunday.

My final (for now) batch of items has been sent to the slaughter house for auctions ending Sunday 2 March:

http://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

PS - I don't anticipate any forum members will be taking any interest in my Kew 50 pees!

Thanks to all or any of you who took an interest in, or perhaps even bid on, any of the coins I sold last Sunday.

My final (for now) batch of items has been sent to the slaughter house for auctions ending Sunday 2 March:

http://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

PS - I don't anticipate any forum members will be taking any interest in my Kew 50 pees!

Something wrong with your link Paul - it takes me to MY eBay, not yours. So I can't see your coins.

Something wrong with your link Paul - it takes me to MY eBay, not yours. So I can't see your coins.

Here's his correct link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/starling69/m.html?item=201030249069&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562