British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Spanish Pillar 8 Reales Overdate

This arrived today from the last Locdales sale, described as 1763/1 but looks more like 1763/2 to me. Anyone else

1763.jpg

3over28Reales.jpg

And the whole coin

P2061151.jpg

Definitely a 3/2 for me :rolleyes:

Definitely a 3/2 for me :rolleyes:

Ditto.

That had to be a typo on their part, surely? There's not a suggestion or even a glimpse of a 1!

Is the 3/2 an unrecorded variety, then?

I would agree, how do you even get a 1 out of that? :wacko:

I will third the previous 2 posts. It has to be a misprunt.

3 over 1 and 3 over 2 are both recorded Stuart, was just curious myself how they got a 1 from that 2, as you say Rob/Stuart, perhaps it was an error in their listing, but it's also on the invoice. Speaking of which, the robbing gits charged me 14 quid for postage and it has 8.30 GBP on the PO ticket. I emailed and asked why there was a discrepancy of 5.70 GBP and she said it was their internal insurance, i then proceeded to tell her i was from the UK and that airsure with insurance of 500 GBP only costs 11 quid and asked that if i bidded again that this should be how my items are posted in future as their internal insurance seems to be very expensive.

NO REPLY SINCE..................Strange that

Edited by azda

I sent an assortment of 3rd Reich bits to Lockdales once. Carefully itemised and packed. When they got them they said they were all repros, which for most items was no doubt true. However when I got them back 2 pieces were missing - a tie pin and a badge. I enquired and they said they'd never seen them! I packed them myself. And eventually I never heard anything. No apology, no compensation, nothing.

So, to me they are not just thieving the postage, they steal the potential auction lots too!

Since then I'd had nothing to do with them. So, if people find this post: Be warned. Lockdales are very dubious auctioneers.

Definitely 3/2. And, a very nice coin to boot! I love 8 R's! :wub:

Not knowing anything about the series, but just using experience and common sense, I would conclude that it was a 3/2 ...

Unless I missed a lot in reviewing the overdate

I think you would need to be on the same 'medication' as Peter to make that a 3 over 1. ;)

3 over 1 and 3 over 2 are both recorded Stuart, was just curious myself how they got a 1 from that 2, as you say Rob/Stuart, perhaps it was an error in their listing, but it's also on the invoice. Speaking of which, the robbing gits charged me 14 quid for postage and it has 8.30 GBP on the PO ticket. I emailed and asked why there was a discrepancy of 5.70 GBP and she said it was their internal insurance, i then proceeded to tell her i was from the UK and that airsure with insurance of 500 GBP only costs 11 quid and asked that if i bidded again that this should be how my items are posted in future as their internal insurance seems to be very expensive.

NO REPLY SINCE..................Strange that

I received a reply back now saying the extra charge was for packaging, but the packaging consisted of a bit of bubblewrap thinly wrapped around the 2 coins i bought and a padded envelope, cost, perhaps 50p yet the 1st email says it was for insurance. Robbing Bar stewards Edited by azda