British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

del

French Un Decime Lan 7

[a ttachment=7521:un decime lan 7.jpg]post-7580-0-22803000-1391292767_thumb.jp

Hi I have a 1798-99 un decime.I have tried various websites to get an idea of the value.The sites all say the coin weighs 20g but mine weighs in at 21.3g.It also has edge markings(diamond shapes repeating)since I havn't seen any others is the norm?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-7580-0-28605800-1391292742_thumb.jp

This is a very complicated series, difficult to see from your photo, but it is possibly 7/5 A/R, the edge markings you describe are normal for this series, weights vary greatly

Here's a 7/5 Coq/Corne

Fr129161DecimeAn7over5Acockovercornucopi

lots of images here (nb click numbers in right hand column) and

If you can handle some basic French go to the Amis Du Franc

Click on "site Dupre" - hundreds of images submitted by members and if you register you have access to the expert system being used to try and identify all the different die varieties in use for the 1c, 5c, decime & 5 francs L'an 4 to L'an 12

Edited by davidrj

Thanks more info than I imagined.I will enjoy perusing these sites.Thanks again.