British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hello17

Like This Button On Posts Doesn't Work.

It could be flash/active x problem. I have the same quoting issue on IE11! The other things you mention seem to be ok., TG.

It could be flash/active x problem. I have the same quoting issue on IE11! The other things you mention seem to be ok., TG.

Ah, yes. I'm using IE11. Maybe it's a browser quirk ...

I suppose it must be difficult to write software that works the same for every OS/Browser combination.

Yes. Anyone else on IE for whom it is working properly, especially the quoting feature?

I don't need Facebook and I can't see why I should have to get p****d just to post a few obligatory pictures of myself mooning on Ibiza High Street.

I imagine that there will be a few members who will be sorry to have missed those Rob.

Edit: Sorry. I meant " .. will be few members .. " of course.

:P

Members have been spared an ordeal - none of the above has happened, nor is likely to happen.

• Like 2

I'm using Safari and can't see where it shows the number of times a post has been 'liked'?

As long as it's not Facebook-linked I'm happy. I don't feel the need to enter that particular world.

Aha, hang on... the like thing on the posts has nothing to do with fb! It simply shows that you like it. Try it now, limit removed.

Yes, it worked! (It doesn't show WHO did the 'Liking', but it's a start :) )

• Like 3

I can see that Paulus 'likes' your message above. I wonder what happens if I like it too....

it indicates that Paulus and I like this.

• Like 3

Things have changed. I liked the last post and now I have the option to 'unlike' it. Silly phrase - should be dislike. More to the point, both options should be available from the beginning to enable all opinions to be voiced.

All of this is totally superfluous.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

Things have changed. I liked the last post and now I have the option to 'unlike' it. Silly phrase - should be dislike. More to the point, both options should be available from the beginning to enable all opinions to be voiced.

All of this is totally superfluous.

Dislike is the opposite of like. If you liked something by accident you have the opportunity to unlike it. There is no dislike function, it would hurt too many egos, especially on here

• Like 2

Having given it a bit more thought, I think both like or dislike should require reasoned qualification. Liking something by accident would be difficult. The button is marooned in outer space, or at least a long way from the text. Of far more use would be a better search facility. One that accepted fewer than 4 letters would be good. If it would permit you to search a phrase rather than a single word of at least 4 letters, I would use that too.

At the risk of being castigated as a dinosaur, if it's Facebook related, I can see me not liking anything.

I don't need Facebook and I can't see why I should have to get p****d just to post a few obligatory pictures of myself mooning on Ibiza High Street.

Fellow dinosaur here.....

my pet peeve is that the modern generation does not know how to communicate .... a generalization based on fact.....

people don't talk, they text, tweet, email, broadcast on fb, etc.....

I note that here and on some other forums,

members express their opinions or information quite lucidly and logically... more importantly, they can be understood.....

just an old dinosaur here...

Liking something by accident would be difficult.

Not when using the 'mobile' version on a smart phone! You scroll using your thumb on the screen...the series of 'like' ticks fall directly under your thumb when scrolling!

I could end up liking all kinds of drivel, quite by accident! And, worse still, I might not notice!

For the fellow dinosaurs. I saw something the othe day that made me smile. It was a post that was flying around Facebook land.

It said:

My Internet went down last week and had to speak to the Family..................They seemed like nice People lol

• Like 1

I can see that Paulus 'likes' your message above. I wonder what happens if I like it too....

Well I switched off the filters and took predecimal.com out of compatibility mode and ... I still can't see who likes what.

I am just devastated.

LOL But on the 'good' side, now I'm not seeing it in compatibility mode, when I click 'Quote' it does now pick up the text I want to quote as it should. In case that helps anyone else.

I'm not seeing any Likes with Firefox, maybe I'm not looking in the correct place.

For the fellow dinosaurs. I saw something the othe day that made me smile. It was a post that was flying around Facebook land.

It said:

My Internet went down last week and had to speak to the Family..................They seemed like nice People lol

LOL

Well I switched off the filters and took predecimal.com out of compatibility mode and ... I still can't see who likes what.

I am just devastated.

LOL But on the 'good' side, now I'm not seeing it in compatibility mode, when I click 'Quote' it does now pick up the text I want to quote as it should. In case that helps anyone else.

Nor I - though I can see where I've Liked something, as the button has turned to "unlike". However, I can see who has liked my posts if I look in Notifications (top). But I can't see any case where Person A has liked Person B's post.

I am just devastated.

Nor I - though I can see where I've Liked something, as the button has turned to "unlike". However, I can see who has liked my posts if I look in Notifications (top). But I can't see any case where Person A has liked Person B's post.

Me neither. I suspect one needs to be in admin group to see who liked what.

I'm using Safari and can't see where it shows the number of times a post has been 'liked'?

As long as it's not Facebook-linked I'm happy. I don't feel the need to enter that particular world.

It isn't.

I can't

• Like 1

I can't

It seems to be half-working : you can Like and see your own likes and also you get Notifications. However you can't see anyone else's likes (which is on general view - not just to admin - in that other forum which operates like this one.)

Perhaps a setting somewhere, I'll have a butchers.

• Like 1