British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Has Predecimal Got An Apple Problem

Logging into the forum from my ipad and got some weird russian shit. I use the IPB app for forums and when i logged into it, it started downloading something in Russian. So i tried with safari and same thing again. I'm logged in now from the laptop using firefox without any problems.

The Russian URL seems to be www.moblua.com. Anyone else with apple products having this problem? Another URL that seems to be popping up is goltraff.com.

Edited by azda

I've visited using my iPhone on numerous occasions (on the windows laptop now).

Maybe restart your device, and type 'predecimal.com' directly into Safari and see what happens.....

Good luck !

cheers

Garrett.

Logging into the forum from my ipad and got some weird russian shit. I use the IPB app for forums and when i logged into it, it started downloading something in Russian. So i tried with safari and same thing again. I'm logged in now from the laptop using firefox without any problems.

The Russian URL seems to be www.moblua.com. Anyone else with apple products having this problem? Another URL that seems to be popping up is goltraff.com.

I have the same problem, just tried accessing the Forum using the IPB app on my iPhone 4 - Russian!

Yep - doing it for me with Safari on the iPhone5.

Puffin (a browser App) works fine.

Looks like the servers are sending back the wrong data when 'Safari' browser is detected.

Not your problem guys !

cheers Garrett.

Hmmm ... no Apple products in my house so I wouldn't even know how to check if there's a problem. I'll try and let Chris know.

Yes, someone else reported this earlier. I don't have any Apple devices either to check with.

It sounds like it's a Safari problem though. Can apple users google the issue to see if it's happening with other sites....other forums for example. If it isn't, then I suppose it's possible that there has been some code inserted somewhere on predecimal.com that re-directs to the Russian, just for apple users.

I'll look into it.

Yes, someone else reported this earlier. I don't have any Apple devices either to check with.

It sounds like it's a Safari problem though. Can apple users google the issue to see if it's happening with other sites....other forums for example. If it isn't, then I suppose it's possible that there has been some code inserted somewhere on predecimal.com that re-directs to the Russian, just for apple users.

I'll look into it.

Chris i tried another forum from the IPB board and it never had the problem

There are various reports of Safari re-directing to Russian sites, but nothing current or in the last few weeks. Big coincidence that it's happening to a few people. Is there another way to look at websites that doesn't involve Safari of the IBP app?

I assume that when apple device users access any website, it must first go through apple servers to access the others? If the apple servers somehow have the wrong dns information for predecimal.com, then it may well resolve to the wrong site.

Another way to the same place is: http://www.british-coins.com/forum/ (sometimes that will re-direct to predecimal.com/forum/ , which probably doesn't help.

Does it happen to all pages on predecimal.com and not just on the forum. e.g. if you try http://www.predecimal.com/selling_coins.php

There are various reports of Safari re-directing to Russian sites, but nothing current or in the last few weeks. Big coincidence that it's happening to a few people. Is there another way to look at websites that doesn't involve Safari of the IBP app?

I assume that when apple device users access any website, it must first go through apple servers to access the others? If the apple servers somehow have the wrong dns information for predecimal.com, then it may well resolve to the wrong site.

Another way to the same place is: http://www.british-coins.com/forum/ (sometimes that will re-direct to predecimal.com/forum/ , which probably doesn't help.

Does it happen to all pages on predecimal.com and not just on the forum. e.g. if you try http://www.predecimal.com/selling_coins.php

I went to your main webpage and it also seems different, the subcontent is all opened. Clicking on the forum link from your website just brings up the same problem. I did try Huss' forum from the IPB board app and i got to that without any problem

How is the forum now on apple devices? I found a file that had been manipulated to include a load of *&^£ and it looks like that was causing it. I'll ask my hosts tomorrow how on earth changing that file was possible.

can get on using IP Board but its glitchy, although no more Russians.

glitchy as in no graphics

Tried it earlier on my ipad, was being redirected to the russian site via another. I looked that up and it was gotraff dot com . Looked that up and it looks like the forum code has been hacked.

Not doing it now but forum on apple devices is corrupted

Is this another of those 'must have' apple features? :ph34r:

Ps the forum still isn't displaying correctly on safari, and I don't have edit buttons!

Other safari accessed forums using the same software are working fine!

Could it be that due to the Russian incident that the cache of buttons, images etc has gone wrong? Is there a way you can do a proper hard re-fresh of the site so that it builds up the forum related things from scratch? I'm at a loss without a apple device. The file that was compromised is still in original proper state.

I had the problem on my iPhone earlier this evening, but it was fine on my Mac. Works generally ok on the iPhone now but a few graphics are missing.

Sorry, but this must be an iOS problem with Safari. There isn't a problem with OS X on my Mac, and SAfari is pretty much the only browser I use.

There were other infected files on the server! The whole website has now been restored to the last good backup. The database was unchanged so that should mean that the posts/orders etc should have all remained intact.

It should look fine now on every browser.

As far as I can see, the hack was just malware - adverts, search engine promotion etc. Nothing harmful.

Seems to be back to normality

Yep its back obviously the access point hast been closed

I've sent Chris a message.