British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

So far Indianapolis has received 12 inches of global warming (snow), and it is still coming down in droves! I've cleaned my, and my neighbors driveways off twice so far (6" of snow each time) today (100' each)! Tonight is is going to be 16 below zero here, and the "High" tomorrow ia set for 12 below zero! I'll be glad when this global warming is over! Ha,Ha.

BTW... the football game in Green Bay today is going to be played in -10 degree temperatures.....outside!

I just checked the weather in London...it is 50 degrees...I should have stayed in the UK longer!

So far Indianapolis has received 12 inches of global warming (snow), and it is still coming down in droves! I've cleaned my, and my neighbors driveways off twice so far (6" of snow each time) today (100' each)! Tonight is is going to be 16 below zero here, and the "High" tomorrow ia set for 12 below zero! I'll be glad when this global warming is over! Ha,Ha.

BTW... the football game in Green Bay today is going to be played in -10 degree temperatures.....outside!

I just checked the weather in London...it is 50 degrees...I should have stayed in the UK longer!

LOL

My sister, who is a local authority adviser on environmental matters, gets livid when she hears the phrase "global warming" used - as a scientist she says it should be "climate change", which of course would account for snow in Indianapolis! (Assuming that's a rare event :D )

My sister, who is a local authority adviser on environmental matters, gets livid when she hears the phrase "global warming" used - as a scientist she says it should be "climate change", which of course would account for snow in Indianapolis! (Assuming that's a rare event :D )

Both correct, but "climate change" is a better term to use - a rise in planetary temperature does not mean everywhere gets warmer

More energy in the atmosphere leads to a more dynamic system - basically the world is likely to get more interesting weather

Both correct, but "climate change" is a better term to use - a rise in planetary temperature does not mean everywhere gets warmer

More energy in the atmosphere leads to a more dynamic system - basically the world is likely to get more interesting weather

Sounds great David. Something to break up the clouds and rain for you and me both. :)

Revelation 16:8
The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire.

Revelation 16:21
From the sky huge hailstones, each weighing about a hundred pounds, fell on people. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.

Balance,symbiotic,in harmony... tipping point?

Monty Python 1970
Yes, cigarettes. My hovercraft is full of eels.

The 50 degrees is the good bit. The rest is howling gales and sheets of rain. You wouldn't like it Bob, you really wouldn't.

The 50 degrees is the good bit. The rest is howling gales and sheets of rain. You wouldn't like it Bob, you really wouldn't.

I heard you were having some issues also in the UK.

Today here in Indiana there is 14" of snow on the ground, and 15 delow zero temperature at noon! The Mayor has shut down all traffic, except emergencys, because of the high winds, blowing snow, and wind chill factor of -50 degrees. We received about a year's snow in the last 24 hours. I am going to Florida tomorrow...75 degrees, and sunny! Ha,Ha!

My sister has just gone to Florida and reports 5degrees "and bloody cold" But as she lives in Ontario she doesn't have room to complain!!!!

My sister has just gone to Florida and reports 5degrees "and bloody cold" But as she lives in Ontario she doesn't have room to complain!!!!

TonigtJan 6

29.png76°FObserved High11:45 am

Partly Cloudy

Weather in Orlando, Florida today! I hope it stays that way!

Edited by RLC35

indiana_zpsba262f99.jpg

Bagerap, That is so true! Only emergency travel today until noon, then necessary travel only. per the Mayor of Indianapolis, and the Governor of Indiana! I had to put off my trip to Florida until Wednesday, until the weather moderates!

Tuck up to a nice log fire with your loved ones and watch antique programmes.

A nice beef stew is also good.

Both me and Mrs Peter are feeling rough today.

Duvet time :)

Keep warm all our US members.

UK has had rain,floods and gales.

Stay safe. it is in the news.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10552977/What-is-a-polar-vortex.html

BBC have 4 weather episode in weather a compilation another one by National geographic in case the polar vortex hit,what part what continent,it depend on the season when warm air and cold air meet in spring or fall.

Edited by josie

Tuck up to a nice log fire with your loved ones and watch antique programmes.

A nice beef stew is also good.

Both me and Mrs Peter are feeling rough today.

Duvet time :)

Keep warm all our US members.

UK has had rain,floods and gales.

Good advise Peter...especially about the log fire and the beef stew! Our weather here in Indiana is supposed to moderate somewhat on Wednesday. The temperature is supposed to climb to 27 "above" zero! Right now it is 15 degrees below zero! Ha, Ha!

The weather in the UK has been in the papers here also...good luck...it will get better!

Yes, for pretty much the first time ever the BBC had a report from Indianapolis filmed on what looked like a bridge over the freeway. Did look a tad chilly. Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that our storms are all part of the same weather system you're having over there. Funny old world.

USA sneezes and the UK catches a cold. ;)

I have been lucky, my house is quite high so not likely to flood. We were down at Crewkerne on Sunday, and there was a lot of flooding. On the Somerset levels it is once again under water with villages cut off.

I noticed today that I have two Pelargoniums in a hanging basket still alive. Just shows how mild it has been, we have had a few frosts but not severe. But last winter it turned colder in late January.

Roll on next month I can get to work on my trees.

geoff.

From mist to hail,to turbulance to tornado,red rain from desert across the world BBC have a good ducumentary polar vortex they say it is connected to dust,fire or warming i think,from solar flare,solar wind maybe comet ison or accumulation of dust in earth,they already said that it will be a cold winter there are 2 vortex in north located in Canada another one in siberia,with all the heat and cold,cold can reach its absolute temperature while heat is planks heat of the universe they say,what earth can hold or limit?,dust to rock even rock have salt and other minerals do not know the freezing point of salt heavy current brine or boiling point of it,....rock salt or and maybe other stones with sodium?,just a comment.

Edited by josie

I have been lucky, my house is quite high so not likely to flood. We were down at Crewkerne on Sunday, and there was a lot of flooding. On the Somerset levels it is once again under water with villages cut off.

I noticed today that I have two Pelargoniums in a hanging basket still alive. Just shows how mild it has been, we have had a few frosts but not severe. But last winter it turned colder in late January.

Roll on next month I can get to work on my trees.

geoff.

Is stonehenge is in your county?

Seen documentary i thought stonehenge is for astronomy and weather ended up dust throwing in the river a cycle of life,all goes to dust,just a comment.

Yes, it is about 15 miles east of here. I go past it every time I have the misfortune to go along the A303 to Andover or further.

Geoff.

Yes, it is about 15 miles east of here. I go past it every time I have the misfortune to go along the A303 to Andover or further.

Geoff.

Thany you for the reply,i onced thought it was a rain measurememnt basin several pole and small basin near the river in documentary that they are using that expert said washing after the ritual or procession,i think they say they have found an artifact that was related or use by Egyptian,maybe not sure some kind of measurement that Egypt is using came from Britannia and there is also records that medetterinian also pilgrimage in stonehenge good site,just a comment.

Geoff.

You're still better off going up the A303 to the east than going westbound. Too many single carriageway sections with limited overtaking between Stonehenge and Mere, then again around the Somerset/Devon border.