British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

2012 5P Stupid Question?

I picked up a pristine 2012 5p last night and, for the first time, just for fun, looked in the decimal section of Spinks!

Am I missing something?

S4671 2012 5p = £3.00 ????????

I suspect it's the same as Stanley Gibbons setting a minimum price for stamps.

£3 will barely cover the cost of Spink sending a lad to the corner shop to buy some gum and pick up a 5p piece in change. Should someone be foolish enough to order one from them, that is!

I suspect it's the same as Stanley Gibbons setting a minimum price for stamps.

£3 will barely cover the cost of Spink sending a lad to the corner shop to buy some gum and pick up a 5p piece in change. Should someone be foolish enough to order one from them, that is!

I see your point, but 2009 and 2010 5p's have been set at £1???? Edited by Coinery

Tsk! Do you not check ebay Stuart? 2012 coins are RARE!!!!

(Um, actually I have no idea why that should be. Maybe a typo?) :P

Stranger still, the 2008 and 2011 are £3.00 too, so maybe not a typo...what's that all about?

Not done that before, posted within a post! :D my post is:

"Stranger still, the 2008 and 2011 are £3.00 too, so maybe not a typo...what's that all about?"

Edited by Coinery

Stranger still, the 2008 and 2011 are £3.00 too, so maybe not a typo...what's that all about?

Not done that before, posted within a post! :D my post is:

"Stranger still, the 2008 and 2011 are £3.00 too, so maybe not a typo...what's that all about?"

I suspect they didn't amend the proof values? Mind you, they say in the description "...a section of Our Royal Arms..." - if Spink think they have their own Royal Arms then they are capable of just about anything :D

Still interesting to note that the 2009 and 2010 5p's are priced £1 for currency, £3 proof, etc.? In other denominations, namely S4231 (Ten New Pence), they are not afraid of using £0.50 as a value?