British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

Collectors Coins Great Brit. 2014

Just thought I'd prostitute my book, which is about to hit the warehouse (in printed form) and is, for the first time, available as a Kindle eBook on Amazon and also as an .epub for other eBook readers on the Rotographic website. I've carefully updated every section.

To order a printed version including free UK delivery, go here (£7.35):

http://mydgs.co/fchHjX

To order a printed version including Worldwide delivery, go here (£10.00):

http://mydgs.co/G82ivu

To buy it as an eBook in Kindle format from Amazon, go here (around £4.40):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HB6ONR2?tag=predecimalcoi-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B00HB6ONR2&adid=118131QCA7HN4WHJG6ZV&

To buy it as an .epub eBook (for most other readers) go here (£3.50):

http://mydgs.co/ch8ddu

UK orders may be in time for Christmas, but I can't promise at this stage!

Thank you.

post-1-0-04135800-1387300887_thumb.jpg

Thank you!

Just ordered, thanks Chris! What was the address form about, I've never had that before when paying with Paypal?

Thanks.

It's because it's not naked paypal, it's dressed with a www.digitalgoodsstore.com landing page. Buyers go through them. Mainly useful for delivering the eBooks securely, but it also serves the purpose of quickly getting links done for the printed version.

Shall I address it to George Coins?

Send it to the Coinie with a 70ft boat...there can't be many. :)

I've just ordered mine.

I see Spink have missed Xmas again :mellow:

Did you order it on Amazon Peter?

Spink is available, but the official listing doesn't have a picture yet. Greenlight are offering it (with a picture) too.

Thanks.

It's because it's not naked paypal, it's dressed with a www.digitalgoodsstore.com landing page. Buyers go through them. Mainly useful for delivering the eBooks securely, but it also serves the purpose of quickly getting links done for the printed version.

Shall I address it to George Coins?

No, Stuart G, as per the form please! :) it's the mother-in-law's address! ;)

I've just ordered mine.

Here's 10ft of it, I've been sign-writing it this week...just the shadow to go on the top line! ;)

I've just ordered mine.

Here's 10ft of it, I've been sign-writing it this week...just the shadow to go on the top line! ;)
Grrr! File size and mobile phones!

Did you order it on Amazon Peter?

Spink is available, but the official listing doesn't have a picture yet. Greenlight are offering it (with a picture) too.

I just ordered my copy thru your link!

Copies have been available well in time for Christmas on Southampton Row. Did you pre-order, Peter, using their silly email form?

I just paid through Paypal for the e-pub version but Safari "could not open" the download link.

Do you mind if I forward the receipt later (just on the train to work now) and get it emailed ?

Cheers Garrett

Stuart G - check.

Thanks Bob.

Garrett - yours is the order with the Hotmail address I assume? I'll email it to that address right now.

Just ordered my copy - has to be ink on paper for me :)

Hard Copy to Australia - Just ordered :D

Thank you David and MRD.

Garrett - yours is the order with the Hotmail address I assume? I'll email it to that address right now.

Fantastic thanks very much Chris what great customer service !

The book looks great on the iPhone. I just tapped your email attachment to download and opened it up in iBooks (a little program that looks like a book shelf, and keep all your books together).

I have flicked through the first few dozen pages (it's 400+ pages on the iPhone) and all looks good. Will have a better look later on (at work now).

cheers and thanks again !

Garrett.

Good to hear! It's a bit complicated with eBooks and I don't fully understand all the various formats and readers yet. I converted the .mobi file to .epub myself but only tested it with Calibre, the reader mainly aimed at PCs. The .mobi file was converted from the original print PDF out of house.

Wow! That was easy.

Bought the epub version for iBooks on my MacBook Pro. The whole process took about 30 seconds!

First time I will have used an online reference book and only the second time I have downloaded a book to the Mac.

So we will see how I get on with this new fangled tek .... tekno .... techlog ..... computer thingy :)

I have a Kindle and also a Mac - which version should I get? (I'm running OS X 10.6 not Lion or anything later, so I probably don't have access to iBooks, though I do use the App Store). And are the digital versions fully illustrated like the paper ones?

'Scuse the questions, but I'd like to get a digital copy :)

I have a Kindle and also a Mac - which version should I get? (I'm running OS X 10.6 not Lion or anything later, so I probably don't have access to iBooks, though I do use the App Store). And are the digital versions fully illustrated like the paper ones?

You may be able to get iBooks from the App Store but I would be very careful to ensure it works under your current operating system. Otherwise, go for the Kindle version.

Alternatively, buy a new super-duper Mac. That is what I did after my old one start to go on the blink after 5 years of intensive use.

Edit: looks fully illustrated.

Edited by jaggy

You may be able to get iBooks from the App Store but I would be very careful to ensure it works under your current operating system. Otherwise, go for the Kindle version.

Alternatively, buy a new super-duper Mac. That is what I did after my old one start to go on the blink after 5 years of intensive use.

I have a 2011 Core i5 iMac - that's pretty super-duper! Unfortunately, I'd have to abandon Photoshop (CS2 - one of my 'killer' apps) if I had anything later than Snow Leopard, as it needs Rosetta in order to run.

Just curious, but can this be downloaded for ipad? kindle is just a poor mams ipad ;)

Edited by azda

I have a 2011 Core i5 iMac - that's pretty super-duper! Unfortunately, I'd have to abandon Photoshop (CS2 - one of my 'killer' apps) if I had anything later than Snow Leopard, as it needs Rosetta in order to run.

Yep .. that is one of the problems with Macs.

That said, on my 2008 Mac (the one I just replaced), I started with Leopard, and upgraded through Lion. My new machine has Maverick but I had no problem loading Photoshop Elements (v 10.0) from my old machine onto the new one.

CS2 does appear to be available for later Macs so that might be worth looking at.