British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Wanted. Obscure Catalogues And Fpls With Illustrated Ancients

Hi All. A possible chance for people to offload the odd copy of minor sales catalogues as per the title.

I have a customer who has a decent library for ancient coins, but is always looking out for obscure venues to expand this. I'm looking for catalogues with at least one illustrated ancient coin in them i.e. Celtic, Roman, Greek, Byzantine, Sassanian, Bactrian, Judaic etc. Forget the regular large auction rooms such as Glendining, Sotheby, Heritage, Spink and most European sales where there are glossy catalogues produced etc as these are complete, as are Warwick & Warwick, Lockdales and London Coins with the exception of a sale 128 from London Coins. They will typically be small local auctioneers and can be from any country. As the list is potentially endless, tell me what you have and I can forward it.

A definite list for starters includes:

London Coins 128 plus nos. 1 & 2. I need the last two myself and if containing ancients in addition, require 2 copies

A F Brock, including these below plus any earlier with an image

27/2/08

20/8/08

26/11/08

25/2/09

9/9/09

19/5/10

25/8/10

22/2/11

24/5/11

22/11/11

22/2/12

23/5/12

21/5/13

20/8/13

20/11/13

S&B lists

33, 37, 38, 39, 40, 42, 43, 46, 49, 51, 52, 59, 70, 71, 84.

Corbitts except for no.1 and 27 onwards.

I know that we are spread to the 4 corners of the earth on this forum, so if anyone has local catalogues that are not mainstream auctioneers please send me a list and I can submit them to my customer. He is willing to pay for them (within reason).

Thanks.

He might want to try Numismatik Lanz here in Munich, he mostly sells (through auctions) Celtic, Roman, Greek, Byzantine. I heard that he has the largest Byzantine collection in the world

Thanks. Lanz is done, as is Hess-Divo, UBS, Schulman, Rasmussen and the Swiss sales. We really are talking about truly provincial sales.

What about dealer lists - they might also have the things he's looking for?

In the title - FPL (Fixed price list)

In the title - FPL (Fixed price list)

Ah. That explains that then. (It's a new one on me, that particular acronym).