British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

I need some picture help.

I have been unable to find pictures, either of my own, or on Colin Cookes site (for which I have permission to use) of the following coins:

A William IV Threehalfpence.

A good grade William IV Threepence (non Maundy) 1834-37.

An Edward VIII Shilling (that's a tall order I know, I may have to scan the pictures from previous editions)

A good grade Veiled Head Victoria Florin. (I still need to check if I have one laying around)

A good grade Veiled Head Victoria Half Crown. (I still need to check if I have one laying around)

Can anyone provide 300dpi pictures/scans of the above coins? Or perhaps point me to images online so that I can ask permission from the site/image owner.

Thanks chaps.

A good grade Willaim IV or George IV Halfpenny (I have space for just one of the other)

Are you able to use pictures of the Dr. Nicholson halfpennies of this era?

Good point, I suppose so as the images belong to Colin!

Ok, I've used a GIV Halfpenny now so I've ammended the above list.

I've got an 1831 Penny in what I deem to be EF - it has some lustre on the obverse (and a few nicks on the bust)

I also have an EF 1834 with good even toning which also has one significant nick on the neck.

If you think these sounds suitable I'll give them a bash.

If there are any other pennies you need let me know.

Either of those sound fine Custard, the best would probably be the one that would photograph the best. Can you scan either/both at 300dpi and email me the result?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the picture Custard, I have ammended the list above.

Chris, I gave you permission to use any of my images, so if you still need pictures of the veiled head florin and halfcrown, please email me.

I sent you a link to my coin gallery some time ago, but if you need it again, let me know.

Thanks, I've email you wybrit