British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Latest ammended pages.

This pdf is pages 1-66. Please check the new introduction pages at the beginning, as well as the additional pages at the end.

The file is 6.55mb:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk/1-66.pdf

its acctually pages 1-65 (not 66) :)

;)

i think that you have missed a page...you say that proofs start on page 65 but it is page 64 on the pdf...

...also, spink is selling 1860 and 1861 'non-intended' proof farthing for £350 (each) :)

...also, colin cooke lists 3 specimins of 1860 copper proof, so its not unique :)

...also, on page 40 you have the 23mm (at top of page) going into the box with 1st rev and 2nd rev type shillings :)

Edited by Master Jmd

Page 2: "Thank-you" doesn't need to be hyphenated, but "all new" does. Abrupt spelled wrong. "Nations" should have an apostrophe before the s.

Page 3: Ascending spelled wrong (twice). In the reference numbers part, referred is spelled wrong (also twice).

Page 5: Marketing section - Precise spelled wrong. Also, do away with the his/her he/she and just keep his/he. Cleaning - Abrasive only has one b.

Page 46: Dei Gratia is "By the Grace of God".

Page 47: Difference is spelled with only one "f". Also, "Extremely" in "Extremely rare" doesn't need to be capitalised.

Page 55: You explain what Ind Imp means in parentheses, but earlier when BRITT.OMN is stated as being discontinued, you don't explain what it is.

Page 64: "Carthweelesque" should be "Cartwheelesque".

That's it!

Edit: Acrobat downloaded especially for you!

Edited by Emperor Oli

Nice one, thanks Oli.

Looking very good.

I have a few comments.

The index page numbers need updating

There is a 1831 penny with WW with no dots

A far as I know only the F14 penny has the sig beneath the foot all others have it beneath the shield

Missing the N of ONE over a sideways N for 1860

Missing 1863 with the open 3 (there's a slender 3 too if we want to be complete)

As well as mentioning Freeman in relation to a detailed description of the bronze pennies it would also be helpful to mention the Satin reference which describes the early bun pennies in extreme detail.

Missing 1888 with broken serifs

Missing 1946/1897 with die flaws (O'NE, ONE')

The best way to identify the 1897 high tide is to see whether the stem of the P in penny points to a gap rather than a tooth

I could find quite a few more varieties if you're looking for even more completeness :)

Hope this is useful.

Yes, it is. Thanks. I'll see if I can shoehorn those additions in. I mean if you want to do something you may as well do it properly.

Looking very good.

I have a few comments.

A far as I know only the F14 penny has the sig beneath the foot all others have it beneath the shield

Missing 1863 with the open 3 (there's a slender 3 too if we want to be complete)

As well as mentioning Freeman in relation to a detailed description of the bronze pennies it would also be helpful to mention the Satin reference which describes the early bun pennies in extreme detail.

The best way to identify the 1897 high tide is to see whether the stem of the P in penny points to a gap rather than a tooth

I could find quite a few more varieties if you're looking for even more completeness :)

Hope this is useful.

Custard,

I've made some of the additions you mention, but due to space I'm going to have to leave some out for the 2006 edition. Perhaps the 2006 edition can be even more accurate with varieties.

Looking very good.

I have a few comments.

Hope this is useful.

Custard,

I've made some of the additions you mention, but due to space I'm going to have to leave some out for the 2006 edition. Perhaps the 2006 edition can be even more accurate with varieties.

Ok Chris,

I guess there will always be debate about what constitutes a worthwhile variety to catalogue, but there are definitely plenty more we can add in future releases

Yes, I know. I see no reason why my book shouldn't contain a listing of every known rariety for every denomination, but right now I shall concentrate on getting it finished, proofread, printed with a stunning cover and then out into the shops!

Yes, I know. I see no reason why my book shouldn't contain a listing of every known rariety for every denomination, but right now I shall concentrate on getting it finished, proofread, printed with a stunning cover and then out into the shops!

Do you still want my cover? It'll be in the post tomorrow if you do?

Anyone else have trouble opening these Acrobat files Chris puts up? Half an Hour to download!

Oh the joys of dialup. I'll look at it when i'm at uni, it can be loaded with a few minutes there.

Sylvester, Yes please do send what you have, It'll be good to show the 'artist'.

Sylvester, Yes please do send what you have, It'll be good to show the 'artist'.

Hmm getting the orange and blue on was not as easy as it may seem. What i will do when i copy it to a disc is i'll put the orangified florin pic on there too, as well as my version of the cover. You're welcome to have a play around then with the colours and the positioning of the writing, just to really make it look the business. It should only be minor things though really!

I've changed to a lighter blue for the union Jack, but it's easy to chage it back cos the dark blue that was used previously is a default colour on paint. So it could be changed within a matter of seconds.

Should you say about the strange tail under the G of REG in some of the 1870's victorian farthings?